• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E.N. Weekly One-Shots now on IRC

IIsi50MHz

First Post
So, I foolishly let my E.N. World username expire. What with me rarely using any forums, anywhere, it was rather easy. Just hang in the chat, wait to see if anybody needs to be banned; join in severely off-topic discussions...

Then I had the thought to make sure the chat's even still linked on E.N. World, since somebody couldn't find it. Turns out it's well and truly buried: E.N. World > Forum > Community > Chat Room.

So I thought--I says to myself, "Why don't I drum up support for the chat?". So I says, "Why, I'll offer weekly single-session games, an' we'll aim at havin' times for peoples' round the world like." Well now I've done a bit o' gathering, an' getting info and such, an' lain a place for keepin' track of it all, it be time to spread the word about.
(Sorry, I'd been re-reading Treasure Island in advance of International Talk Like a Pirate Day when I wrote that.)

The following is reposted on Gamers Seeking Gamers.

E.N. Weekly One-Shots

Variable timeslots for round the world play

Generally, one of the following (depending on players):

• 20:00 UTC+0 (London) - Option 1
  • 15:00 UTC-5 (Chicago) - Option 1
  • 23:00 UTC-5 (Chicago) - Option 2
  • 10:00 UTC+9 (Tokyo) - Option 2
For a volunteer GM in Japan with players in Scandinavia, the following might work:

• 10:00 UTC+1 (Euro & Scandi) - Option 3
  • 18:00 UTC+9 (Tokyo) - Option 3

on the

Official E.N. World chat channel:
irc://irc.otherworlders.org:6667/#enworld

Connect via any IRC client, or on the web:

• IRCCloud - free basic, 8 themes, logs, won't disconnect if you accidentally refresh the page

• KiwiIRC - no signup, 4 themes, no logs, saves settings on current computer, forgets nickname

• Mibbit - account optional, custom themes, searchable logs, can save settings online
A different system, setting, expansion, or module each week!

Suggest a game, or Vote for one here or on:
https://trello.com/b/AwrLTqSc/e-n-weekly-one-shots

Last edited:

IIsi50MHz

First Post
Two sessions are scheduled for the weekend:

Dungeon World:

Session Option 1
Saturday 2015-09-19 15:00 UTC-5 Chicago (Saturday 2015-09-1920:00 UTC London)

Session Option 2
Saturday 2015-09-19 23:00 UTC-5 Chicago (Sunday 2015-09-20 10:00 UTC+9 Japan)

Last edited:

IIsi50MHz

First Post
Sorry, I skipped a weekend to prepare for a work thing. I only mentioned the cancellation in #enworld chat, previously. Probably didn't upset anybody's plans, since there hadn't been any definite yesses!

Keep in mind: other GMs are welcome, so if there's something you want to try, feel free to let me know. I'll post it to the schedule and help drum up players.

Tomorrow's session will be just:

Lamentations of the Flame Princess: Tower of the Stargazer
Saturday 2015-10-03 23:00 UTC-5 Chicago (Sunday 2015-10-04 10:00 UTC+9 Japan)

unless anybody wants an earlier time.

Last edited:

Remove ads