• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: Shadows of the Last War

Frater

First Post
I have a small dilemma.

In the intro adventure found in the ECS one of the final loot items is a scroll case containing a map of Ancient Cyre with strange cryptic symbols on it.

it says that this will be important for the subsequent adventure "Shadows of the Last War".

We completed the intro adventure and one of my players s trying to do research on the map and I can't find any reference to this map in the "Shadows of the Last War" adventure.

Does anyone know where more info is found? Is it just an error in the ECS and they never followed through?

Remathilis

Legend
SPOILERS!

Its a map to to Whitehearth, which allows the PCs to bypass Rose Quarry and the puzzle room. It also can confirm a suspicions about Whitehearth being the next locale they need to go to.

I forgot utterly about it in my run through, but a bright PC reminded me on route. It confirmed their hunch and led them there.

wayne62682

First Post
IIRC it's something that's not relevant to the rest of the adventure path. I forget what I did with it when my group asked, but they also botched the adventures royally and I had to improvise a lot of it. Good luck with that one.. its a very nice railroad, although a good adventure.

MarkB

Legend
I increased the importance of the map in my game, as my players have recently found out.

First, it helped Lady Elaydren to establish Rose Quarry as the place where a further clue to Whitehearth's location could be found.

Second, the map included a legend identifying the various symbols used to identify Cannith facilities. When the characters finally found and used the map room in Rose Quarry, they found that the area one could identify by pacing out distances on the map covered a few hundred square miles of real terrain, in which there were over a dozen symbols, indicating anything from towns and homesteads to factories and mines. Only by using the translated copy of the map they'd been given were they able to identify the one symbol in that area that represented "Cannith Research Facility".

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
I fortunatelty knew it was a dangling hook before we started. I simply stated to the party that it was an old map with non-identifiable markings. (This gave me some time to find an appropriate hook for it.)

Later, they recovered a golden amulet (from "Queen with the Burning Eyes" module from Dungeon Mag, I believe), which also had a simple map on it. So, made the maps match up. After researching the map (in game as characters and players), they discovered it matched up to the coast line of Xen'drick.

Both pieces are now coming into play as I run Grasp of the Emerald Claw. I'm having to "adjust" the written modules here and there, but reading ahead and weaving them together is helping to keep the plot moving, and the players/characters interested.

Remove ads