[Eberron] What Lurks Below (IC)

PlotMonster

First Post
"I wanted to discuss the tale Jannis related to you earlier, my friend," Gedward replies in a friendly manner. "My friends and I have only recently met, but I imagine we will be traveling back to Passage shortly. Unless, of course..." Gedward pauses for half a second. "Well, do you believe this business with the false Shifters is worth looking into? Is this a cause for the Host? What have you heard of shifter raids?"

He pauses briefly again, and when he begins speaking his tone shifts to one of great concern. "And do you have any influence with the guard? The prisoner we brought back... he's an honest man, I believe. I wouldn't want his family to suffer because of his lack of foresight in taking on this task of raiding. I would like to see if we can return him safely to the Eldeen Reaches."

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Collecting his coin, Dormon bows and jumps down from the stage to meet the lady. He smiles as he responds, "Why, it's an original. I'd give another performance, but as you saw we just came in out of the rain. Mighty tired, you see. It is nice to have a wonderful crowd like this, though. What did you say your name was?"

The Baron

First Post
Dormon:

The lady walks towards you with a warrior's gait. She is middle-aged and shows the scars of a few battles.

"My name is Veranis. A farmer... and warrior as you can probably tell. Are these other adventurers your companions? If so, I recommend you tell that shifter to watch herself. If she makes a wrong move I, and probably the rest of the House, will help throw her out of town. There's been a number of shifter raids on the surrounding farms."

Her face is grim.

Gedward:

Nicoli motions for Gedward to sit as he takes a seat in a pew in the main room of worship.

"The guards are a problem. They are mostly incompetant and cowardly on top of it. In fact, that's why the Lady sent for your client. He's going to investigate things, and should they prove to be to dire, will have the Queen send some more guards here.

As for investigating these raids further, from what I can gather, you've taken care of most of the raiders for now. But they may regroup, or get more numbers. I can tell you two places were they might congregate. One is an old watchtower near the river. A farmer said he saw smoke coming from it's direction. That means it's occupied.

The other choice an abandoned mine north of here. If you investigate, I'd be careful. Word is from the townsfolk in the nearby farms, that they've spotted this crazy, dirty gnome sneaking about. He came into town a few months ago and started causing trouble. Spitting out foul verse and the like. He actually managed to send one of the townsfolk mad for a short while. It appears he was a crazy wizard of some sort, so we banished him from the town. But seems he hasn't quite left. My people are good people, who follow the Host. I'd like to get rid of this threat, but obviously I do not have the power."

Tykri:

As you shuffle around the room, you bump into a plump female servant. You apologize and quickly move away, pocketing a silver ring you managed to snatch off of her thick finger.

Meanwhile...

The mage yawns, quickly pays for a room, and dissappears upstairs, nodding to his companions as he leaves. The bartender pipes up:

"And just so the rest of ya know, rooms are like this: we got large rooms with one big bed, 2 gold; medium rooms with two beds, 5 silver; and, if yer strapped for cash, we got bunks in the common room for 2 silver. The ale is 4 copper a mug and the meal is 3 silver. Just pay before ya head to bed."

ooc:
Tykri - slight of hand: 12(roll) + 7(mod) = 19(success)
Also, make sure you keep track of gold, xp, etc, yourself on your character sheet. I'll check it every once in a while, to see if it's all straight, so don't be a cheapskate!

Last edited:

PlotMonster

First Post
"Nicoli, I understand the difficulty you face here. I will speak with my companions and see if they have any interest in looking into either of those locations," Gedward says, placing his hand on Nicoli's shoulder in support. "Hopefully we will be able to help Windshire become a safer place for its people."

"I understand that you do not have much power, as I'm sure your duties with the temple must keep you busy. But do you think you could help out with the prisoner we took? Or is there anything you might suggest we do? Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated."

After listening to Nicoli's response, Gedward warmly thanks him for his aid. "I must join with my companions now. I don't know them that well yet, and would like to get to know them if we are to be looking into the watchtower or the mine. Hopefully next time we meet I will have some good news for you."

With that, Gedward goes looking for the rest of his group at the Windshire House. Upon finding them, he looks to Kort to see if dinner and drinks are still his treat. After a couple drinks, he asks the group if anyone would share a room with him and retires for the night.

P0L

Explorer
Kort, Halfling male Fgt1/Bbn1

You fing kort among a table full of emty tankards of ale MEDIUM-SIZED ones, no halfling size.. He is obviously VERY drunk and exhausted from the long day.

- Of coursheee.... my trreatt... Bartender!!!! put all of thish in my tabbb....
says the halfling signalling the passing bartender with his free hand and almost slipping out of his chair.

- Sharre a room?? Why, Ged my friend I didnth know you played for that shide.... I still think I cam score with that young lass.... she cant reshist my charrrrrrrrmmmmmm......

With that final word the halfling leans back on the chair and starts snoring loudly.. drool dripping to his bear-stained beard.

ooc: Bill me for the party and tell me what happened to Kort until 12pm next day (when he regains consiousness)

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Tykri giggles to herself. Easy picikings. She puts away the ring to look at later, and after a drink, goes up to a room to get somesleep.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
The Baron said:
The lady walks towards you with a warrior's gait. She is middle-aged and shows the scars of a few battles.

"My name is Veranis. A farmer... and warrior as you can probably tell. Are these other adventurers your companions? If so, I recommend you tell that shifter to watch herself. If she makes a wrong move I, and probably the rest of the House, will help throw her out of town. There's been a number of shifter raids on the surrounding farms."

Her face is grim.
"Oh, Tykri? Yes, these are my companions and that is exactly what my song was about -- we fought off some of these shifters on our way here. She's definitely not one of them. Those shifters that have been attacking also seem to be merely disguised as shifters. I'll tell her to be careful, though... oh, she's gone to her room already. I'll mention it to her in the morning, then.

Goodness, I'm rambling. I must be tired -- thank you for the tip. I'm going to have a bite to eat and make my way to my room, then."
Dormon stretches an arm and gives Veranis a nod. "Well, unless you wish to join me for my meal, I will see you another time, Veranis. Veranis. Nice name. Yes, I am rambling... hm..." His smile changes to a frown as he switches from one foot to another, shrugs, and makes his way to the bar.

"Five silver for a room? That sounds perfect. Do you have change for a gold? Oh, and I'll have a meal and a drink before I go up, thank you." Dormon hands the bartender a gold, retrieves his change, and takes his meal to a table. If Veranis chooses to sit with him, he'll mention that he just finished a job so checking up on the shifters would give him something to do -- a warrior would be helpful too, if she is interested in looking into the problem. If she does not join him, he'll happily eat his meal quickly, as he is very tired, and make his way to his room.

On the way up, he notes Kort and mentions to the bartender, "I can't carry him, but he can take the second bed in my room. If someone can manage it." He makes his way up and sleeps deeply.

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC- Sorry for the absence, I've been rather sick lately.)

The young ranger sits and watches his smaller companions carry on for the rest of the evening. Having a hard time deciding if the versed gnome is more entertaining than the inebriated halfling savage, his resigns to simply wait this evening out with a lone ale. Jeth'bar puts down the drink that he's been quietly sipping when he sees Gedward reenter. Upon hearing his offer, he approaches the man, saying, "I could use a sober night's sleep." as he reaches into his purse for the nights fares. He'll retire upstairs with the group. Once behind closed doors, he takes a seat on his cot, and asks, "What says the priest of our client and his ill fortune?"

PlotMonster

First Post
Following Jeth'bar's lead, Gedward pays the bartender for the room and heads upstairs.

"Nicoli didn't mention much about Jannis. Instead, he spoke mostly of the town guard. Apparently they are inept at best. Their laziness is also well known, as we saw when we entered the town."

Gedward takes off his back and lays his armament at the foot of his bed as he finishes describing his conversation with Nicoli.

"I think it is best that we meet with our other companions tomorrow and discuss how we all feel about this before we see Jannis in the morning. I wake early for prayer anyways, so I will try and get everyone together. Hopefully, Kort will be able to form a sentence," Gedward says with a mix of worry and amusement.

With that, Gedward hits the bed and seems to fall asleep almost instantly.

Remove ads