• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Eladrin Knight (aka Teleport instead of walk)

Krakenspire

First Post
In 4th ed one of my favourite characters was an Eladrin Knight. All that teleporting around every time I hit someone, using my Int as my attack stat and generally being a very mobile heavily armoured knight. There was also the added advantage of buffing up my Cha instead of Con or Str to make him the consummate diplomat.
So in trying to get some of that feel back I was trying to figure out how to make a similar character and quite frankly feel like I've run into a block.

With the racial bonuses to Int and Dex, it makes it difficult to not take a finesse weapon with an eladrin even though longsword is a racial weapon (which makes ZERO sense from a new mechanics point of view but anyways....)

So some thoughts on the matter:
Eldritch Knight for sure, this allows for choices in mobility type spells like misty step, dimension door, expeditious retreat, at 15th level Arcane Charge comes into effect.
Make Str and Int top stats, dump stat for me would be Dex but Cha could also be one. Use longsword, shield and plate (classic knight equipment).

There might be a multiclass option here that I'm not thinking about ( Storm Sorcerer with all mobility spells and to get the free flying move reskinned??)

Convince DM to allow me to take the House Orien Dragonmark as a feat. Gives another use expeditions retreat and misty step, along with some high level teleport.

Other options for teleport
-Fey Warlock at level 6, fey escape
-way of the shadow monk with at will darkness teleporting).
-conjuration wizard 6th level, benign transposition

Any thoughts on making the best teleporting knight possible??

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
Yeah, honestly you're probably better off with dex and a rapier- the racial proficiency are irrelevant because the base fighter chassis hands you proficiency with all martial weapons- its the same bonus either way, you can't have proficiency twice.

from there, i would build an effective pure eldritch knight- you'll have plenty of teleports from that and from choosing and preparing relevant spells. Your multiclass considerations imo, go a little too far into other classes, you should do as you've indicated, the sorcerer idea isn't terrible, but your charisma is a little lacking for that imo- you're already pretty MAD with Dex, Wis, and Con- your charisma might not be piss, but i'd hesitate to bother investing in it.

Remove ads