• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eldritch Blast Wound

Tetsubo

First Post
What does the wound caused by an Eldritch Blast look like? Is it a burn? Does it even leave a mark? Would it effect the value of a harvested animal hide?

shilsen

Adventurer
All of the above are matters that are not covered by the rules, so it just depends on what flavor you want it to have.

Particle_Man

Explorer
My Dm had the person get disintegrated if I did enough damage to take him to -10, but that is a house rule.

Hmmm, how about this?

"Oh sweet merciful Gods, I am wounded!"

"Does it burn?"

"No."

"Does it feel cold?"

"No."

"Does it feel itchy?"

"YES! BALEFULLY ITCHY! AND I CAN'T SCRATCH UNDER MY ARMOR!"

Last edited:

Shellman

First Post
Particle_Man said:
My Dm had the person get disintegrated if I did enough damage to take him to -10, but that is a house rule.

DESINTEGRATED.....wow that is harsh! I wouldn't want to play with that DM. That is so far above and beyond any damage the EB description gives. Besides.... there is already a spell called Disintegrate.

Particle_Man

Explorer
He is a guest Dm and our characters are on another plane, so I am just rolling with it. He tends to go for colorful descriptions over rules, so that's ok. I don't know if the "regular" DM will rule this way for EB's on the "home plane".

moritheil

First Post
Particle_Man said:
He is a guest Dm and our characters are on another plane, so I am just rolling with it. He tends to go for colorful descriptions over rules, so that's ok. I don't know if the "regular" DM will rule this way for EB's on the "home plane".

Well . . . every plane has its quirks. I don't see anything illegitimate if he wants to rule it that way, so long as he's uniform in applying it.

Remove ads