• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elements of Magic

genshou

First Post
Did I hear mention of Elements of Magic - Revised?

Count me in so long as you're not sticking with that rule about changing how maximum ranks work at 1st- and 2nd- level.

Ferrix

Explorer
genshou said:
Did I hear mention of Elements of Magic - Revised?

Count me in so long as you're not sticking with that rule about changing how maximum ranks work at 1st- and 2nd- level.

Why exactly? Characters are receiving a x2 multiplier at 1st, 2nd and 3rd level instead of a x4 at 1st level only, so it would make sense in that regard.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Interesting. The modified skills/ranks are a little different than RAW (obviously) but works out to be the same by 3rd level. Not a problem for me.

I've edited my character in the post above to include only the description and background I've worked up so far since the rest of the information seemed to have been a bit prematurely posted. ;) As it stands now he's a tribesman from the northwestern coast (I'm assuming NW in relation to the Empire, though if that's incorrect please let me know. Actually a brief description of how all the locations relate to one another geographically, hmm...and politically maybe, would be helpful to know). He could just as easily be a river person. The horsemen are mildly interesting to me but the other outlying area peoples really didn't appeal to me for this character. Basically, he could be whatever works best for you.

genshou

First Post
Ferrix said:
Why exactly? Characters are receiving a x2 multiplier at 1st, 2nd and 3rd level instead of a x4 at 1st level only, so it would make sense in that regard.
Well why didn't you mention that before? I'm in.

Did you start another thread for this like you mentioned? Posting a link here would be helpful.

JonnyFive

First Post
ok i'll need to revamp my char hardcore then, story will say about the same.

ok here is my updated char sheet.

also the UA generic list is the class skills stuff, like favored enemy.
[sblock=Jureth]Jureth, Human Warrior 1
Medium Human, LN, 21, 5'6, 176, Male, Brown eyes, White skin, Brown hair, scar crossing from about the right eye to just below the left eye

STR:16 (+3)
DEX:14 (+2)
CON:14 (+2)
INT:10 (+0)
WIS: 9 (-1)
CHA: 8 (-1)

Hit Points: XXX / XXX
Hit Dice: 1d12+3
Speed: 30ft
Initative: +XX (+2 DEX, +XX <bonus>)
AC: XX (+XX Armor, +XX Shield, +2 DEX, +XX Size, +XX Natural, +XX <other>; touch XX, flat-footed XX)
BAB/Grapple: +3/+XX

Fort: +5 (+2 Base, +3 CON, +XX <bonus>)
Ref: +2 (+0 Base, +2 DEX, +XX <bonus>)
Will: -1 (+0 Base, -1 WIS, +XX <bonus>)

Attacks:
  • <Weapon> +XX melee (XXdXX+XX XXxX)
  • <Weapon> +XX ranged, XXX' (XXdXX+XX XXxX)

Special Attacks:
  • XXXX

Special Abilities:
  • XXXX
  • XXXX
  • XXXX

Skills: (XX points, max ranks XX/XX)
  • Acrobatics +4 (2 Ranks, +2 DEX)
  • athletics +5 (2 Ranks, +3 STR)
  • Perception +1 (2 Ranks, -1 WIS)
  • Gather Information -1 (0 Ranks, -1 CHA)
  • Survival +1 (2 Ranks, -1 WIS)
  • Know (Nature) +1 (2 Ranks, -1 INT)
  • Sneak +4 (2 Ranks, +2 DEX)
  • Heal -1 (0 Ranks, -1 WIS)

Feats:
  • Weapon Group(Basic)
  • Weapon Group(Heavy Blades)
  • Weapon Group(Bows)
  • Weapon Group(Picks and Hammers)
  • Weapon Group(Exotic Heavy Blades
  • Armor Group(Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields(all))
  • Favored Enemy (Human)
  • Weapon Focus(Great Sword)

Languages:
  • Common

Equipment:
  • <Item>(XXgp, XXlbs.)
  • <Item>(XXgp, XXlbs.)

Total weight carried -- XXXlbs.
Light load -- 76lbs., medium -- 153lbs., heavy -- 230lbs., lift -- XXXlbs., push -- XXXlbs.

Spells: N/A
XP: XXX,XXX / XXX,XXX

Appearance:
Jureth stands 5'6" tall. he is a lean man with dull brown eyes, and long brown hair.
He favors lighter armors and prefers a greatsword, but he can use others as he has demonstrated in the past.

Personality:

Background:
Jureth grew up on a farm, living a relitivly simple life till the raid. one moonless night
a band of Thiefs raided the small comunity, slaughtering all that were there. Jureth was in
the barn with a young woman at the time and upon seeing the flames and hearing the howls of
his friends and family he took up a pitch fork and attempted to rush to their aid. as he
approched the house he was set upon by 2 of the men. with amazing luck me managed to take
one down, but unfortunatly his luck changed and as the man fell, it took the pichfork with
him, leaving Jureth without a weapon. the other bandit took a wild swing, striking him
acrost the face, and knocking him to the ground. Before the the man could finish him off
though, the local military showed up and routed the remaning scum.

After Jureth woke, he found that he was without family, and the farm was burned to the
ground. taking this as a sign, Jureth gathered what little remained and set off in the
world, his hatred for the Bandit scum burrning in his heart. he spent the next several
years learning how to track them and hunt them, spending as little time as neccesary in the
company of other men. on his 21st birthday he decided that he was ready and went in
search for company to help him hunt the bandits.

Notes:
[/code][/sblock]

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Oh you meant feats.

Favored Enemy (human) is a no go, it'll have to end up being a bit more specific than that, either racial or organizational, you might as well wait till I get more specific info up.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a chunk of work to get all of the important world info up along with the new thread, stay tuned for it.

Remove ads