• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EverQuest?

Delusion

First Post
Hello, I'm new to the boards here, but quite familiar with D&D. I originally decided to try out the PbP scene in hopes of participating as a player, but it appears there is a complete lack of open games accepting new players at the moment. As such, I've decided I'll try starting a game of my own. Now I could just run a typical Greyhawk/Eberron/[insert common campaign setting here] game, but I bought these EverQuest D&D books a while ago (and by a while ago, I mean long before World of Warcraft and EverQuest II) and havn't put them to much use.

Now comes the discussion part... I realize that I may very well be the only person on the boards with these books, which is going to make character creation and what not a hassle. The rules such as combat and what not are virtually untouched, but there are 14 races and 15 classes, none of which are the same as their regular D&D equivalents (if they even have a D&D equivalent). Then there is the dilemma with the fact that spells are entirely different and even use a mana system rather than the "spells per day" system.

So what does all that mean? Well to put it simply, it means I'd have to do a lot of typing and legwork for a game that I'm not sure anyone is even interested in just yet. Now I'm willing to do all of that legwork, I just need the reassurance that there's at least a few people that would actually want to play. So please, express your interest if you have any. I'm also more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Note on the Adventures: I'm not really planning on making a whole EverQuest campaign from the ground up. More than likely, I'll simply use one of the many adventure modules I have with possibly a few minor adjustments. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Forge of Fury, a dungeon crawl into an abandoned dwarf stronghold now occupied by orcs (possibly modified to resemble the infamous Crushbone Keep), although I'm not dead set on it.

Arkhandus

First Post
I'd certainly be interested as well! :cool:

I've owned a copy of the Everquest d20 RPG Player's Handbook and Monsters of Norrath for something like 2-4 years now. Never gotten to use 'em, since I never saw a copy of the EQ GM's Guide in the local game stores or book stores, and haven't met anyone else yet who owns the books to play or GM. At some point or another I'll track down a copy of a few more EQd20 books when I can afford them.....

I played the original EverQuest MMORPG off and on a few years ago, but never had the time or money to play it a lot. But Norrath is a cool setting, and I like the varied backgrounds and mysteries of the setting. And the pantheon is kinda cool. :)

Delusion

First Post
Fantastic. I honestly didn't expect anyone to have any of these books. Maybe I won't have to do any painful legwork after all. :)

I also used to play online, but never got incredibly serious about it (like those guys that call it EverCrack, lol). The DMG is worth getting just for the tradeskill section in the back. I also have Al'Kabor's Arcana, a book of magic items and stuff you can make using tradeskills converted from the online game. :cool:

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I'd be interested in playing.

I have EQPH and 2 monster books but no familiarity with EQ beyond those sources so an EQ in D&D module game sounds like a good match.

Caliber

Explorer
Not only do I own the EQ main book, I've actually played in a RL table setting with it! :eek: I know!

Anyway, color me interested.

Delusion

First Post
Well it looks like my expectations have been blown out of the water. As far as I'm concerned, 4 people is enough to start a game (especially 4 people with the PHB! On the first day no less!). I suppose I should get to work on the recruitment thread.

My apologies if you don't have the books and were interested in playing.

Also, you may be wondering about the good/evil race aspect of the game, since there are in fact a good number of evil races to play. I'll allow both good and evil races, but you must not be a disruption to the party if you decide you want to play a troll/ogre/iksar, whatever. You simply have to get along with the rest of the party and nonhostile NPC's.

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
I had no idea there were Everquest D&D books. :)

I'd also like to play, but dont wanna make you work extra hard. s there a site where i can download the PDF versions?

Warshrike

Delusion

First Post
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any kind of SRD for the EverQuest books. If you're willing to pay $15, they're selling the pdf version of all the books in the ENworld download shop.

For now, I'm not sure I'm going to type out all the info needed for character creation without a book, but I could be persuaded if there's a good number of bookless people interested in playing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads