D&D General Explaining D&D classes using the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
That isn't what we're talking about though.

None of them count for this discussion right now.

Fair enough. Can I use the up coming movies? If so Shang Chi is a monk. I should like to think this is self explanatory given the D&D monk uses the exact same source material as inspiration as Shang Chi comics.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Fair enough. Can I use the up coming movies? If so Shang Chi is a monk. I should like to think this is self explanatory given the D&D monk uses the exact same source material as inspiration as Shang Chi comics.

Please no spoilers!

I avoid all trailers and don't even look at the actors or characters in upcoming movies.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Please no spoilers!

I avoid all trailers and don't even look at the actors or characters in upcoming movies.

No spoilers, there isn't even trailer. San Diego Comic Con only announced that it had started filming, and introduced the lead actor. I only know that it will be coming out, and that Shang Chi is a kung fu master that uses Chi/Ki to power is amazing abilities.

I wont even tell you the full title of the movie it that helps.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Scarlet Witch is the same thing. Her patron is the Mind Stone.
In which continuity? I don't remember the movies explaining where her powers came from, apart from the fact that she already had them when first introduced. That said, though, it's been a while since I watched them, and I might have forgotten something.

So the question is if we must fill the role of Sorcerer with a character, which character is the best fit?
Hmm ... if people don't like Thor-as-cleric, how about Thor-as-storm-sorcerer, with an unusually high STR and CON?

ad_hoc

(they/them)
In which continuity? I don't remember the movies explaining where her powers came from, apart from the fact that she already had them when first introduced. That said, though, it's been a while since I watched them, and I might have forgotten something.

When she is introduced in Avengers: Age of Ultron it is explained that her and Quicksilver are the result of experiments related to Loki's mind control staff (which is later revealed in the movie to be the Mind Stone).

In Avengers: Infinity War it is explained that she is able to destroy the Mind Stone because it is what gave her powers.

Remove ads