• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FATE Core: Looking for players to start a campaign in Montreal

Dam_Sadar

First Post
Executive Summary:
One GM and one Player looking for 2 or 3 additional players to start a FATE CORE campaign. Genre and setting are open for discussion. We would be interested in playing once a week, during the evening (from 7-ish PM to 10-ish PM), on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

If you are interested in learning more, please read the following (rather long) presentation.

I've been playing RPGs for more than 30 years. In that time, I tried and enjoyed a number of systems and genres. But, for the past couple of years, mostly because of work and kids, I've played almost exclusively in D&D/Pathfinder games using "canned adventures". At this point, I truly need a change of pace: change of system, change of group.

In terms of pattern, I'm more of a "Storyteller" type with a little "Method Actor" thrown in. When I'm a player, I also enjoy an element of tactics in my combats. But, at the end of the day, I'm more of a role-player with relatively small interest in combat.

Having extensively read and listened to Actual Play Podcasts, reviews and rules, FATE Core (http://fate-srd.com/fate-core/basics) seems like the perfect system for my taste.

If you aren't clear on what FATE is and are interested, I might suggest the following review Podcast:
https://npccast.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/episode-69-fate/
(start at 4 min 20).

As a GM, I would be aiming at using players' input to weave interesting stories with multiple NPC interactions, mysteries and adventures. I welcome player agency and will never go for contrived plots.

The "Meta" side of role-playing games interest me a great deal. I read a lot of blogs and listen to numerous podcasts in the area of adventure and setting design, as well as in the theory of gaming. I'm always trying to improve my GM-ing using the advices I glean here and there.

My only claim to fame was that, a few years ago, I wrote a Pathfinder Society Adventure Module after having won the first open call for such adventures.

The other player with me has been playing for about as long as I have. We've known each other for more than 20 years. He is more of a "Method Actor" with a sprinkle of "Storyteller". He often takes on the job of chronicling our adventures. Some of those game logs are available on the Paizo messageboard if you care to see how we went about playing through some Paizo adventure paths (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2hs2k?Belessas-Journal). Even more than me, he's interested in playing his character and having cool in-game interactions with other characters (PCs and NPCs).

In the past, we've played at this player's house, located in the Ahuntsic borough.

My mind is currently bursting with ideas for a great many different campaigns, from weird fantasy to hard sci-fi, urban fantasy and space opera. If you would be interested to play a certain genre, you would be welcomed to pitch your idea to the rest of the group and we could start from there.

We could also start small and see if we enjoy each other's play style first, through a little 2-shot game, and then move on to a campaign if we all like it.

We can play in French, English or a mix of both.

We would be ready to start as soon as we get enough people.

If you managed to get through all this and are still interested, I invite you to contact me at:

m_d_a_y_o_n_
AT
g_m_a_i_l_
DOT
c_o_m_

(ignore the underscores).

Have a good one.

Matt.

Remove ads