• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finally, a use for rasts.

pbd

First Post
lukelightning said:
You know the rast, right? That often-maligned, rarely-used, what-the-heck monster from the MM? I finally found a use for them.

My wizard is going to use lesser planar binding to call one. Then kill it with phantasmal killer or something similar, then animate it as a skeleton. Since a rast's flight is a magical effect, the rast skeleton will be able to fly. A cheap flying mount with 60' good flight!

This works on nightmares as well, but my wizard is a gnome and would rather have a Medium mount. A ravid is another option.

Where you gonna sit? http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG213.jpg

Ripzerai

Explorer
The 2e illustration of them (by Adam Rex) was much cooler.

rast.jpg

Moon-Lancer

First Post
why not use the illustrations in your mind? I have seen to many people wonder about "this" or "that" becuse of the illustrations. Thats just the view of one artest. isent d&d about the imagination?

Hussar

Legend
Heh, I have a rast hive in the adventure I'm currently running. Advanced Celestial Huge rasts, but, rasts nonetheless. I'm going to chew my players a new one very, very soon. :)

Remove ads