• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First Triad: Beginning of the End

NarlethDrider

First Post
Please goahead & start talking IC amongst yourselves---your group has been
together for quite awhile, operating & training in the underdark. Currently
yall, along with thousands of others (this is including the city's non military
population), are in the city of ORBB'El'lar. This city is built upon some ancient ruins---several carvings that are found have hieroglyphic-like symbols & carvings of spider-like, scorpion-like & elf-like creatures upon them (though these creatures do not depict any _known_ race. Each company has their own station within the city. Many tunnels that lead to the surface have their starting point here. Three immense glowing orbs levitate in the air above the city---these orbs together make light nearly as bright as a partially cloudy
day on the surface. There are many training yards around the city as well as
'tent towns' for the various 'common soldiers'.

For the groups, the members are given a day of furlough---yall can interact
amongst yourselves as well as w/npcs....all kinds of places are here: taverns,
brothels, shops of all kinds, drug dens, massage houses, bath houses, etc...

Velmont

First Post
The smell of death was floating in the air. This perfum was his first contact with the new day. He took a deep breath to enjoy that smell before he would open the eye and the burden of life would come back. At that moment, a gentle but sad music start.

"Good morning Deamon. Have you pass a good night?"

"Not good enough Lidya, as I feel alone in this empty bed."

"You are so ridiculous when you speak like that."

"It must be my good side. You have such an effect on me."

Damon stood up put his clothing and jewelry which was lying on the table next to the bed. He clap once in his hand, and at that moment, two profile get out of the shadows and start to fly away, pasing throught the wall. He turn around to start to look at the girl who was standing in the center of the room. She was beautifull, wearing a perfectly adjusted suit of fuit plate mail with the symbol of Shar painted on the chest. The same symbol was on a necklace she was wearing around her neck. Her silver hair was floating like there was a small breeze, even if no air movement could be felt in the room. Her golden skin was giving her the beauty of an angel. Damon approach the girl and when he stop near her, he close his eyes and start to whisper some words. When he stop his murmur, a faint light appear around his hand, just like if a ghostly glove had appeared. With his hand, he touch the face of the girl.

"I miss you" he whisper to the ear of the girl.

"Shar have some plan for you, she will give your reward in time. I am patient Deamon, and I can wait for that moment."

His hand start to caress her face. He gently slide his finger throught her hair. A smile appeared on the face of the girl. Damon closed his eyes and tried t touch her lips with his own. The girl immitate him, and they kiss each other, even if both didn't feel anything. When he open back his eyes, sadness had fill his face. He put his hand on the lips of the girl, and carried her kiss to his lips. When he tried to touch her again, he saw the glove fade away.

A small bell rang near the bed.

"You can enter"

The door opened and a small half-man, half-rat entered the room.

"Master Damon, I have good new from our host. The worg training have been completed and the Worg are obeing well."

"Thanks Rock. Go tell Falimir that Shar will be please. I will come to see him later in the day and look at those beast. Have you seen my apprentice?"

"He is gone to the market. He needed some material for experiment."

"When he will be back, tell him I want him in the ritual chamber. I want to try again the ritual of the ghoul on some rats. They may become usefull tools."

"Yes, master." On those word, the ratling left the room.

"Elenaor, you can stop playing and go fetch my breakfast and take it to the ritual room. I want something that can be eaten fast that is not too messy, I have work today."

"Yes, master." She woke up and left the room singing a doleful song.

"Do you want to come with me, Lidya. The ritual would be surely interesting."

"With pleasure."

The two left the chamber and start to walk in the mansion. They walk down the stair to the basement where the perfum of death was strong. When they open a door, two large skelttal form was standing on each side of the door. The room was big and almost empty. Only a pedestal was standing in front of a circle drawn on the ground. The socle is just large enough to hold a book.

"Ahotep, go fetch the book of Shar."

A mummy get out of the shadow and walk to a chest. The creature babble some strange words and the chest open by itself.

"The book is gone!" said the mummy, with a voice which sounds no more human, as his throat was already falling down.

"What?" exclamate Damon.

Damon rush to the other side of the room and look into the chest. A place had been made to hold a book, as the book would be a precious treasure. The lock inscribe with runes was still there and locked, even if the place under it, made for the book, was empty. Damon pronouce a word and the lock opened. He saw a small medaillon which was hidden by the lock a moment ago, and it had on it the symbol of Shar.

"Our mistress have taken back her gift. Your time of preparation is over Deamon. She will have something for you soon. Your quest will begin soon, the one that will give you what you want so dearly."

Last edited:

Remove ads