FLY ME TO THE MOON - Official Trailer (HD)

Starring Scarlett Johansson and Channing Tatum, FLY ME TO THE MOON is a sharp, stylish comedy-drama set against the high-stakes backdrop of NASA’s historic Apollo 11 moon landing. Brought in to fix NASA’s public image, sparks fly in all directions as marketing maven Kelly Jones (Johansson) wreaks havoc on launch director Cole Davis’s (Tatum) already difficult task. When the White House deems the mission too important to fail, Jones is directed to stage a fake moon landing as back-up and the countdown truly begins…

I have to admit, my immediate reaction was exactly the same.

Yeah, I'm all for parody and jokes. But I find the premise of this movie to be in poor taste. Probably because real astronauts are actually harassed by the type of conspiracy theory wackos who believe this is real: Yes, Astronaut Buzz Aldrin Punched a Conspiracy Theorist

Mix in the bizarrely growing flat earther movement and the number of people who thought The DaVinci Code was a documentary, and this movie seems just a little past being enjoyable. FWIW, I also really tried to enjoy the Space Force series on Netflix, but found it just as little too real to be funny. But I guess I still watched the whole thing, so 🤷‍♂️

Remove ads