• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For all the women I've loved....

S

Sunseeker

I'm looking for some good diseases to have in my game, for all those "one night stands", for those long forced marches through swamps, right down to your every-day common cold. I've honestly seen more thought-out mechanics for pregnancy than I have for disease, and seen more games use the latter than the former.

I'm looking for something that's going to hinder my players, but not outright debilitate them or kill them, except in very very rare circumstances. I'm also looking for something that is fairly any-edition friendly, minor penalties to checks, movements, attacks or defenses with a progression that relies on internal mechanics rather than edition-specific mechanics.**

Can anyone direct me to some good material? I'd prefer free, even if it's simply a well-rounded mechanic that any disease concept can be applied to. But I've got a metric ton of books from various editions so referencing a book to look into is usually fine.

**Note: I do play 4e more often than not, though I am incredibly unhappy with their presentation of diseases so far. So if you know of something that's more 4e friendly, I'm cool with that too.

Stormonu

Legend
The 1E DMG has a section on disease, pages 13-14. It'd probably be more useful as a springboard than using the direct system, though.

Remove ads