Forgotten Realms - Resurrection

Sadras

Legend
So our group, originally from Mystara, recently arrived in the Forgotten Realms, and long story short, one of the PCs was killed. Have read up a little of the Lore/Mythos of the setting I immediately went with the idea that his soul was transported to the Fugue Plane, specifically the City of Judgement.

Not being a Faithful or a False I deemed the character to be a Faithless (as he did not follow any of the FR deities) and is now awaiting judgement.

My question is whether he becomes part of the Wall of the Faithless or he is being prepared to be transformed into a Nupperibo after accepting the proposal by a Fiend - can he still be Resurrected? What is your take on it?
Given that the resurrection spell will only be enacted after the tenday judgement period - the PC will either be in the Wall or within the Nine Hells.

Does the Resurrection spell rip the soul from the Wall of the Faithless or strip it from its tortured state in the 9 Hells and reform the body on Toril? I would say yes.

But I just want to hear how other DM's envision this whole thing playing out, perhaps provide an angle I hadn't thought of.

PS: Generally I do not permit resurrection on Mystara, but this is a new setting, so I can introduce new limits new magic rules. Furthermore this PC death has provided me an opportunity to expand on the story and touch on some FR lore, so I want to run with it.
The player has no idea.

EDIT: Just to add...

• I went with the idea of Nupperibo because only the most selfish, cruel and evil of souls become Lemures, of which the PC is not, leaving the only other option for a lowly-devil being a Nupperibo; and
  • There is always the option he ends up in the Wall, only to have a group of Tanar'ri snatch him for their Abyssal Lords - so he could end up disappearing (Resurrection) the moment before he is to be devoured by Graz'zt or someone...

Last edited:

Remove ads