Four Kingdoms - PbP Game

Grimmjow

First Post
[sblock=Rules][sblock=New playtest]We will be using the DDN playtest rules for this campaign. Seven days after a new packet is released we will update to the new rules.[/sblock] [sblock=Creating your kingdom]At the beginning of this campaign each play will be playing as the heir to one of four kingdoms. You will each be making a kingdom yourself and developing it with me and your fellow players as the game goes on. Before the game starts each one of you should have a kingdom somewhat developed, enough for me to work with. things to consider when creating your kingdom are below. [sblock=What I need to know about your kingdom]1) Who lives there? What kind of races and people live in your kingdom?
2) Who rules it? Who are the rulers of your kingdom? You should work your race and class into this answer.
3) How does your kingdom make its money?
4) what is your kingdom and it's capitol's name?
5) Anything else i should know about your kingdom[/sblock] [/sblock] [sblock=Changing a hero]With each playtest, new character options will become available. If a new race or class becomes available that you would like to play coordinated with your DM (me) and we will work out how to change both your hero and your kingdom to fit your new character. Also, you may just want to introduce a new hero for a "short" time. As long as I get a heads up before you bring him into the campaign world that should be fine. Just as long as you understand that when you return to your old hero (your heir) that I may use the second hero as a NPC[/sblock][sblock=House rules]The following sblocks will contain hows rules that we will follow. Refer to the house rules for the current playtest we are using[/sblock][sblock=How a PbP game works]Im guessing that for you guys this is your very first time playing a PbP (Play-by-Post) game. It is a slow process but a fun one.
1)Each of you will take a color at the bogging of the game and that will e your characters color for in character speaking. I will then use different colors for different NPCs.
2)Combat is simple. I will give you a link to a google spread sheet every turn of combat that you will use to move your characters around the map and keep track of stats.
a) Initiative: Initiative is very simple in PbP. On the google Spread sheet and in combat you will be given the average initiative of the enemy. if you beat it you act right away, if you dont beat it you post the roll and wait. After al lthe players who beat the monsters act i will take the monsters turn. After that ALL the players will act and back to the monsters and so forth.
3) Make sure you let everyone know what is out of character text, either by putting "ooc" in front of the out of character text, or wrapping the out of character text in "OOC"
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Links]Spread Sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grimmjow

First Post
[sblock=GM note. Please ignore]
GM: "The Children of the Night" are a group of half-vampires that hunt down undead (vampires are the prize) inside the four kingdoms
[/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
GM: Jacob's hero can use magic. Traditional warrior don't like it. Either when he becomes king or before then they will act on their hate for him
[/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
GM: Maylee's kingdom is cursed by an ancient treasure they somehow found. It is unknown to her and most of the nation. What treasure caused this curse and what is the curse itself?
[/sblock]

Remove ads