• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FreeFAll - a game for anyone.

doghead

thotd
FreeFAll [short for Free F(or) All]

FreeFAll is an attempt to create a game that gets around the problem of missing participants. It may also appeal to people who have posted to their own games and are waiting for things to move forward.

In FreeFAll, there are no set players or DM. There are four characters and a situation. Anyone may post for any character, and anyone may take the big chair.

There is one rule: Respect your fellow participants. Role Play Gaming is a social activity. You not only have a responsibility for your own enjoyment, but that of the other participants as well.

In order to keep the game simple and on a even keel, there will be a couple of parameters:
* The characters won't level. With multiple DM's it will be too hard to keep track of XP.
* There are no magic items. These have too much potential to upset the balance of the game. One exception will be potions of 50 gp value or less.
* All 'monsters' will be straight out of the SRD without modification.

The four characters will be a fighter, a cleric, sorcerer and a rogue. They will all be Neutral Good in alignment. Their stats will be 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10. They will all be level 3, and human.

At this point I am just wondering whether something like this would fly. What do you think? Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome. If it did get off the ground, do you think that you would be likely to participate?

doghead
aka thotd

Nightbreeze

First Post
It could go on. Actually, here you may face the opposite problem: if too many players join in and post, it could be hard for a single reader to keep up with the story. Also, someone has to build those characters, the stats are not enough.

doghead

thotd
ooc - FreeFAll

It could go on. Actually, here you may face the opposite problem: if too many players join in and post, it could be hard for a single reader to keep up with the story. Also, someone has to build those characters, the stats are not enough.

Yeah. Although better too many than too few :) One of the reasons that I chose level 3 was that it was fairly easy to manage.

Character generation was on the 'to do' list. If there was enough interest in the concept, I was thinking of making the CharGen a collaborative effort. As well as stats and other crunch, I was thinking of doing a simple personality description for the four characters.

doghead
aka thotd

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads