Freeport, Skull and Bones

Talwyn

First Post
Hi everyone,

I plan to run an extensive Freeport campaign set in the fictional variant of the West Indies described in Green Ronin's "Skull and Bones". As I'm no community supporter I can't use the search function of the boards so sorry if there has already been a thread on this topic :rolleyes:

The campaign will consist of the classic Freeport trilogy (Death in Freeport, Terror in Freeport, Madness in Freeport) followed by Black Sails over Freeport and probably interspersed with the scenarios from Tales of Freeport. As you see, Hell in Freeport is the only Freeport module I do not plan to run :D

For the original trilogy there is some conversion work to be done but actually it's quite limited. My copy of Black Sails will arrive next week hopefully so I cannot guess yet how much work it will require.

So my ideas are:

- Freeport is Freeport, namely the city with exactly that name on the Bahamas - even though I will have to do some research on the history of the real city - even if the S&B West Indies are fictional I don't want to change more than is necessary. Does anyone know some bits about the history of Freeport/Bahamas (or has some useful links to offer). I'm mainly interested in whether or not the city has once been a pirates' haven as for example Tortuga or Nassau.

- The Unspeakable One (is this Yarrash from Black Sails?) remains untouched.

- Milos will be a 4th level serpent person bokor of the Unspeakable One

- I think I will replace Yig with Yamballah.

- Thuron is a Hougan of Yamballah, posing as a priest of...

- ...(the christian) God. I will replace the God of Knowledge with christianity although I'm not quite sure which confession to use (catholic/protestant/baptist?)

- Captain Scarbelly will of course not be an orc. Actually I wonder if it was a cool feature to replace him with some famous buccaneer of the era (early 18th century). Of course this would be very bad if the PCs decided to attack the pirates - for sake of realism, the pirate would have to be much more powerful than the PCs ==> TPK. The other way: The pirate captain will be of a reasonable level for the PCs to come by ==> my party of 1st level swashbucklers kills one of the most notorious pirates of the era.... And I would definately NOT like this ;) Anyway, Scarbelly will be a Sea Dog/Buccaneer/Freeport Pirate or something like that.

Now my questions:
1.) Do you have any other suggestions or see problems with my conversions?
2.) Has there already been a thread like this to which you could give me a link?
3.) Would you be interested in a story hour of the campaign once I finally launch it?

Best regards,

Talwyn

thastygliax

First Post
Talwyn said:
1.) Do you have any other suggestions or see problems with my conversions?
2.) Has there already been a thread like this to which you could give me a link?
3.) Would you be interested in a story hour of the campaign once I finally launch it?

1) As you might know by now (assuming you got your copy of BSOF), Yarash is new. I don't own S&B, so can't say much on your other ideas. The trilogy probably works better with S&B than BSOF or HIF, since both of the latter deal with far greater magic (and weirder forms of travel). But you could probably exploit real-world Devil's/Bermuda Triangle lore for BSOF, and treat Harrimast as some sort of sea-oriented loa.

2) You've already found the GR boards, so I don't think I can help you more than that. :D

3) Sadly, I barely have time to keep track of my own games :( , but I'm sure you'd find plenty of people here (and on the GR boards) who would be interested. The authors of BSOF in particular are eager for feedback to their mega-module.

Remove ads