• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Games that never start

Reprisal

First Post
I'm tapping my foot as we speak...

This is my first time at trying to run a PBP, and I'm getting kind of antsy. I figure it's normal for a new DM to have to wait a while to get something going, but I'm not sure how long is too long.

What's good though is that I only need the last two players to send in their characters and then I can start the actual game, hehe.

*Hint Hint* :cool:

- Rep.

Zhure

First Post
When I started the Drell game, it was up and running in something like 48 hours. If your players don't respond fast with characters, odds are they aren't as interested as you'd like.

Unless they were at work or had other responsibilities or somesuch for the first day. I figure give them 48 hours and any who don't do a turnaround at the start in that time, they won't be great players.

Greg

Guilt Puppy

First Post
GruTheWanderer said:
I think your best bet is to say the first four characters posted are in the first challenge, rather than accept players and wait for the character sheets. Anyone who posts after the first four becomes an alternate (raising your character a level or two doesn't require much work).

I'd also recommend posting. We haven't heard from you in a while, and the thread is near the bottom of the first page. Aren't there other alternates waiting?

If you look over the rules, it's already set up like that -- I made one exception for Wippit, who did also post up a character sheet within good time. The other slots are all pending -- perhaps I should have made that clear.

Anyway, will bump with an edit to the main post.

Remove ads