Genesis: The Ultimate Wizard's Stronghold?

Sm!le

Explorer
I was reading with interest the Genesis spell description (a non-Epic spell listed in EpicSpells.rtf in the 3.5 SRD).

Basically, you create your own demi-plane. From the description, I assume you can determine the planar traits, such as:

• Subjective Directional Gravity (each creature decides where "up" is)
  • Flowing Time (3600:1, one hour on the demi-plane equals one second on the Prime. Great for creating items and researching Epic spells, or what?)
  • Self-Contained Shape (you go off to one side of the plane, and pop out the other)
  • Magically Morphic (I guess some spells could be used to change the features of the demi-plane)
  • Sentient (your plane can think! Good as a guardian, I guess)
  • Strongly Aligned to (insert your alignment here, really bug unwanted visitors)
  • Enhanced Magic/Limited Magic (favor your spell schools)
  • Dead Magic (what a surprise that would be. With an Epic Spell on you to become immune to Antimagic Field, you're the only one that can cast!)

Has anyone had any experience with demi-planes like this used as a PC's stronghold? The above traits would make it a dream.

"100 day casting time for that Epic Spell? No problem, let me go into my pocket plane for a few minutes, I'll be right back..."

Also, how would you create a demi-plane with the Static trait? How do you suppress a trait?

Andargor
Yes I have used it in campaigns.
We used it a lot for crafting magical items. (that way it doesn't interfere with the campaign time line and quests no downtime you could say.)
We used it also as a resting place, so we would go in and rest our eight hours, but when we came out it was only 8 to 10 minutes later.
It brought interesting aspects to the game. For example, we were doing quests and stuff at night as well as during the day because we were getting our full rest within 10 minutes by going into the demi-plane.
We had created its entrance like a rope trick or portable hole that you just put on a wall or on the ground and then you could just step through it. Also you can continue to have the party travel while you take 10 min resting the rest of the party could continue to travel. It definitely changed the aspects of the game and. Made-up move more fast-paced and it was great for getting into the levels lot higher than 20s, 30s, and 40s levels. Which is very handy when you're battling the gods. Fighting for the divine sparks from the deities and Demigod's book. I don't know. It was very enjoyable and rememberable campaign.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
God the Genesis spell made me so so angry when it came out, it was such a super cool thing that only psionics could do, I felt so cheated when they let wizards and clerics do it. At least the spell version doesn't have Antigenesis

Remove ads