D&D 5E Glory of the Giants at Chapters

Read through it.

The Scions were cool.

The Giants turned fiends were cool.

Most of the creatures I'd assumed would be beasts were either Fey or Monstrosities. This means there is more Fey in the book then I was expecting.

1 Celestial, the Fensir thing that tries to eat everything, she's Chaotic Neutral.

Weirdly the Noble Fomorians are typically Chaotic Evil, but the Warlock and Crawling ones are any alignment.

Few cool undead.

Most of the rest aren't particularly interesting.

The feats are interesting, so was the blurb on Kaldheim, but he decided this book just wasn't satisfying enough to buy, especially at the higher price point, so I cancelled my order.

Plus I spent a fair amount on the Planescape physical/digital bundle.

Any history lore or world building of note?

Kaldheim gets roughly a couple paragrphs. There are a couple of giant organizations. Giant Patron option.

Mostly bit and pieces of lore building. I may have missed some stuff. Oh the Foromians used to be part of the Ording between Hill and Stone Giants, before they fell.

So Foromians aren't giant kin like Veerbregs, Trolls, Fensir, Ogres, Goliaths, Firbolgs, etc... Are, they are disgraced true giants, but they don't get a Scion sadly. Weirdly the uncursed Noble Foromians are more evil, then the cursed Foromians that appear in the book.

So Foromians aren't giant kin like Veerbregs, Trolls, Fensir, Ogres, Goliaths, Firbolgs, etc... Are, they are disgraced true giants, but they don't get a Scion sadly. Weirdly the uncursed Noble Foromians are more evil, then the cursed Foromians that appear in the book.
The original Fomorians were quite evil, it's why they were cursed to look as ugly on the outside as they were on the inside. The Noble Fomorians were the same, but avoided their kins fate, via not being on the same plane.

Scribe

Legend
Flipped through it at my book store. Liked Fizban's more at a glance, and the new price was a bit of sticker shock for what was a thinner book. :censored:

Scribe

Legend
I find it annoying that only us FLGSes seem to be forced to stick to street dates these days. Everyone else gets to put the books on the shelf (or ship them off to people) whenever they get them.

Yeah I did find that surprising. I've seen other ones beat the street date, but I think I noticed this one a few days ago even.

Remove ads