Golarion vs Eberron -- Which is more "progressive"?

S

Sunseeker

I honestly dont know enough about either setting to make an educated comment. From my extremely limited knowledge, Golarion feels like designed inclusiveness. The number of women in their setting art, the visibility of minorities, among humanoids at least, it seems like inclusivity is a very clear design inclusion. I agree with some of the other posts on the Paizo forum about Eberron being overall more grey, but it does not feel like sexual, gender or orientation inclusion was a design goal, but a side effect of creating a world with less black and white. From what i know, Eberron feels like less structured traditionalism, while Golarion is more structured non-traditionalism.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
One reasons it's hard to compare is that Golarion is such a "not Earth" setting, that you have to be always of the real world cultural equivalents.

Eberron is further removed from our own world, so it can be more laid back about things.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I believe the question is, which invites and includes marginalized people more?

My amswer is that PF is more inclusive than DnD, but Eberron is more inclusive than Golarion.

theyre all doing pretty well, in that regard, though.

As far as which world is more inclusive, I think that boils down to the efforts at the individual tables to be inclusive (in game and in real-life). That being said, I think Pathfinder/Paizo took a strong inclusive stance early on, and have continued to do so.

But I agree with doctorbadwolf, that in both D&D and Pathfinder, inclusiveness has come a long way.

Remove ads