D&D General Goodman Games To Reincarnate Jennell Jaquays' Caverns of Thracia

Game designer Jennell Jaquays has announced that Goodman Games will be reviving her 1979 Caverns of Thracia adventure for D&D 5E and its own DCC RPG. The Greek-themed adventure is set in a detailed dungeon, and was originally published by Judges Guild. After over two years of biting my tongue and ignoring friends' questions, I can finally share this news. In addition to owning Dark Tower...

Game designer Jennell Jaquays has announced that Goodman Games will be reviving her 1979 Caverns of Thracia adventure for D&D 5E and its own DCC RPG. The Greek-themed adventure is set in a detailed dungeon, and was originally published by Judges Guild.

EE19ED9E-655D-4119-B2C8-17A547AB26BA.jpeg

After over two years of biting my tongue and ignoring friends' questions, I can finally share this news.

In addition to owning Dark Tower, the game adventure that I created 43 years ago for Judges Guild; Goodman Games also owns The Caverns of Thracia... which some fans consider to be the better of my two Judges Guild mega-dungeon/campaign adventures.

It will eventually be getting the same treatment as Dark Tower as a Goodman Games Original Adventures Reincarnated product

Dark Tower, another of Jaquays' Judges Guild modules, is currently on Kickstarter with three weeks to go.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I think every now and then people investigate threads just to see what's going on. If you've gotten here and have never heard of this adventure I 100% suggest picking it up. It's one of the best ever made and really stands up even today. When someone makes VTT maps for it, I expect to be running it for about the 5th time. Mind you the first four times were in the 80s, so the fact that I remember it should imply something good.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Starts around 28 min in that video. Confirmed for crowdfunding sometime in the summer.

Which makes those Amazon and B&N links even weirder. What are they crowdfunding if there's already an ISBN and mass market pre-order setup available?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Starts around 28 min in that video. Confirmed for crowdfunding sometime in the summer.

Which makes those Amazon and B&N links even weirder. What are they crowdfunding if there's already an ISBN and mass market pre-order setup available?
Production costs?

Also, can all of these companies specializing in the written word stop putting all their news in videos without transcripts? Even just posting the outline they're presumably using to guide their videos would be useful.

(This also applies to you, Cubicle 7.)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Production costs?

Also, can all of these companies specializing in the written word stop putting all their news in videos without transcripts? Even just posting the outline they're presumably using to guide their videos would be useful.

To be fair, Cubicle 7 has a pretty decent blog that they use to good effect in promoting new books.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Production costs?

Hear, hear!

I quite dislike videos as a mean of conveying information (unless it is something practical, like how to replace your laptop keyboard). They take too long (as opposed to reading) and I tend to get distracted; this is also due to the fact that few of the people making videos are really skilled at doing them.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
To be fair, Cubicle 7 has a pretty decent blog that they use to good effect in promoting new books.
When they get to the concrete stage, for sure. But their long rambly videos are where they have had most their info about C7D20, unfortunately, since a lot of it is still up in the air. They seem like good guys, but some of this could have been an email blog post.

Remove ads

Remove ads