WotBS Group killed Vuhl

aartvb

Villager
Hi everyone,

Spoiler alert for WotBS adventure 2 and later.

I have a problem, in the second adventure, during the encounter at the Seela Village, the group killed Vuhl, while the Seela were singing the Song of Forms. This means Deception is killed forever, right? This also has consequences for later adventures, do you have any ideas on how to handle this?

Oginme

Villager
I had a group do the same. I narrated the ghostly vision of a many headed snake like creature rising from the dead body and vanishing above the burning forest. My rationale was that the death of the corporal form freed the incorporal form, though much weaker and incapable to assuming any form until it had recovered.

Oh, Vuhl, not Vhuul. Very important to differentiate the two, because this is Vhuul. :)
101_7134.jpg
101_5718.jpg
101_5713.jpg

Amusing coincidence on the very similar names. Mine goes back to 2018, which probably makes Vuhl the Johnny-come-lately eldritch abomination here.

I mean, if any character would be permissible for a GM to say, "He faked his death," it'd be one named Deception, right?

In the campaign, Deception shows up in adventure 6, then . . . man, it's been so long, I don't remember. Maybe not at all, or maybe just wherever you want.

A recurring trillith NPC who's able to talk to the party and get away (because, like, whatever you think you're stabbing is actually an illusion) is handy I think, especially if you end up putting a bit more meat into the trillith storyline. I think I could have done better with that, with the benefit of 17 years of hindsight.

Or just have him be dead and have the next time he shows up instead be the new trillith 'Timidity,' who just happens to bring along 'Aggression' in a jar.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Deception bonds with Aurana to survive the events of book 11 and appears again at the final battle to make a final play.

Fuzzybear

Explorer
100% agree with @RangerWickett here, it wasn't Deception but a fake. If you really hate that, just use another trillith instead. Change up adventure 6's twist if you don't want to follow the same deceit style traits. I don't think this is a huge problem long term honestly.

aartvb

Villager
Thanks for your reactions! I have intertwined Vuhl into the backstory of one of my characters, so it would be a shame if he was already dead. Deception faking his dead is a good idea.

Remove ads