• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GSG: Why so many in Vallejo, CA?

Lalato

Adventurer
I'm planning a move to northern California. I searched for anything within a 20 mile radius of Martinez, California... and I saw a huge cluster of people in Vallejo. I seriously doubt this many gamers are in Vallejo... any thoughts as to why this might be happening?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I have only done a spot check on a handful of them, but they look like users who do not have a location set in their description.

Without a location, the GSG application might use their IP address to geolocate them, ending up with an ISP's physical location.

There's a similar cluster near me in Reston VA and I know many tech companies and major Internet links are located there.

Lalato

Adventurer
Perhaps it would be better to not place those that haven't given a physical location. This makes it much more difficult to figure out who I should contact.

Lalato

Adventurer
Actually, some of them have entered a city and/or state. How does someone with the state listed as Florida get listed in North California?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Actually, some of them have entered a city and/or state. How does someone with the state listed as Florida get listed in North California?
I don't know, but I think that the system is buggy. When I search for gamers near Rome, I also get plenty of people who have listed a US city.

Lalato

Adventurer
Looks like I'll have to use the forum until the GSG widget is fixed. Thanks for confirming that it's a global issue Nikosandros.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I'm planning a move to northern California. I searched for anything within a 20 mile radius of Martinez, California... and I saw a huge cluster of people in Vallejo. I seriously doubt this many gamers are in Vallejo... any thoughts as to why this might be happening?
Boris Vallejo's art is pretty cool. Maybe that's the reason? ;)

Disclaimer: This is a light-hearted response that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Remove ads