WOIN Has anyone worked with WOIN/N.O.W. in the WWI era?

brownaj010

Villager
Hi all, I'm pretty new to this system. I took part in a one shot at PAX unplugged and had a blast, so I recently bought N.O.W. I actually just ran a one shot about a week ago that was a lot of fun (it was a sequel to Tiger King, if anyone is interested).

Now I'm interested in starting a campaign during the WWI era, and was curious if anyone has done this before. If so, how did you adjust the weapons, economy, transport, armor, etc.? Or did you adjust it at all? The book does a great job with WWII and western firearms, but I know that weapons and vehicles during WWI were pretty unique, and am having some difficulty trying to recreate that myself. Just looking for advice, hints, etc.

Thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As long as you can look up the specs {speed, weight etc) it should be easy to do the vehicles.

i‘m not super familiar with WWI ere weapons, but the book has late 19th century weapons and WWII weapons, so it would be something in between those?

brownaj010

Villager
As long as you can look up the specs {speed, weight etc) it should be easy to do the vehicles.

i‘m not super familiar with WWI ere weapons, but the book has late 19th century weapons and WWII weapons, so it would be something in between those?

I forgot about the vehicle conversions, so thank you for the reminder! As for firearms I was thinking similarly, I'll just have to do some research into appropriate weapon traits. Thanks for swift response!

easl

Explorer
I'm no expert but AIUI most guns of the time were fairly large caliber; .44 etc. So you can probably just use the revolvers, some of the automatics, and the bolt-action rifles as listed (just rename them if you need to). Obviously the only machine guns they had were big heavy ones, but it's worth remembering that the Colt 1911 is called that because 1911 was the year it was invented. It literally predates the era of your setting (as do many revolvers).

brownaj010

Villager
I'm no expert but AIUI most guns of the time were fairly large caliber; .44 etc. So you can probably just use the revolvers, some of the automatics, and the bolt-action rifles as listed (just rename them if you need to). Obviously the only machine guns they had were big heavy ones, but it's worth remembering that the Colt 1911 is called that because 1911 was the year it was invented. It literally predates the era of your setting (as do many revolvers).

Good points! I might have less work to do then I initially feared.

M3woods

Explorer
Fokker D VII
Year
: 1918
Cost ($): 7800 Adj ($): 86580
Quality: Standard
Upgrades: 6 Occupancy: 1
SPEED: 12 ACCEL: 6 HANDL: 3
SOAK: 4 (Ablative) DEF: 15
HEALTH: 45
ARMAMENT: (2) 7.92mm Spandau LMG 08/15 machine guns (4d6 (2d6*2) Ballistic Damage, Range 12)

Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5a
Year
: 1917
Cost ($): 8450 Adj ($): 94640
SPEED: 14 ACCEL: 6 HANDL: 3
HEALTH: 44
ARMAMENT: Fixed .303in Lewis above top wing (2d6+2 Ballistic Damage, Range 16)
Fixed .303in Vickers machine gun above nose (2d6 Ballistic Damage, Range 18)

Last edited:

brownaj010

Villager
Fokker D VII
Year
: 1918
Cost ($): 7800 Adj ($): 86580
SPEED: 12 ACCEL: 6 HANDL: 3
HEALTH: 45
ARMAMENT: (2) 7.92mm Spandau LMG 08/15 machine guns (4d6 (2d6*2) Ballistic Damage, Range 12)

I am very interested in this! I actually gave one of the characters piloting skills and was in the process of working out a plane for them to potentially acquire during the adventure. Thank you for this! I will definitely be stealing it.

Did you already have this made, or did you make it for the thread? Either way, I appreciate it!

M3woods

Explorer
I had it made. I've been working on Job Fair #2, which includes stats for several WWI, WWII, and Modern aircraft plus aircraft weapons. There's also aerial combat rules, which I'm still working on.

Remove ads