• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! Random Communities via 3.0 DMG

genshou

First Post
I seem to have left my 3.0 DMG 30 miles away, and I find myself needing some info from it. I'm attempting to do some prep work for the game I'll be running Saturday. I have only tomorrow morning to prepare, since I'll be working, sleeping immediately afterward, and then heading straight to the game. What I need is the die rolls to determine highest-level NPC for a random community, at the end of Chapter 4. If someone would be so kind as to give me the die roll for each class (heroic and non-heroic) as well as the modifier to add to each die roll for being a large small city, I would be much obliged. Oh, and I guess I'll need to know how to determine how many guards and militia there are, as well as who gets to be the captain of the guard, and how to distribute percentage of 1st-level people among the 5 NPC classes.

Thanks in advance, since I won't be back to check in on this thread until morning.

Last edited:

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Kay Here it is
Community Modifier +6(Small City)
Class----------Dice Roll
Barbarian------1d4
Bard-----------1d6
Cleric----------1d6
Druid----------1d6
Fighter--------1d8
Monk----------1d4
Paladin--------1d3
Ranger--------1d3
Rogue---------1d8
Sorcerer-------1d4
Wizard---------1d4
Adept----------1d6
Aristocrat------1d4
Commoner------4d4
Expert----------3d4
Warrior---------2d4

To get total population spread by class and level first roll up the highest level NPCs then if they are greater than 2nd level double the number for each level you drop until you get down to one.

The highest level warrior or one of the highest level fighters should be captain of city guard. For each 100 people in the city assign one full time militiaman, one out of every twenty can be brought up as conscript militiamen in a few hours.

Last edited:

Remove ads