Help with my Trinity Circle campaign

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I have started a home brew campaign on a friend of mine's message board with some mutual friends of ours, and I have created a wiki to keep track of everything for the setting (which the players do not know about). What I have so far is pretty crude and simple but a good start.

I would appreciate it if the awesome ENWorld crew would take a look at the information that I have there and give suggestions on where to go from here, improvements, thought, ideas. Anything. There is a lot to flesh out.

You may want to start with the PC section and then run over to and Geography. Most of the adventures will take place on the Fhallaran and Mulloran border or well within Mountains of the Mulloran Empire.

The basic world is without divine magic almost completely and this is a new development (prehistory) by about 5 - 7 years prior to the start of the campaign. Clerics have recently lost their divine magic and will have wasted cleric levels leaving a dramatic shift in Temple power. Bards have become more important because of this.

Thanks

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Crude History of the World

In the Divine Days when Asagroth of the Light and Ebon the Reaper were active and clerics and paladins were common enough as were crusades, the two nations of Ghaadi and Mullora warred. Theocracies ruled by gods of opposite alignments on a divine mission to eradicate their polar opposites from the planet. They warred and warred for many, many thousands of years each making headway and then losing progress. There was never really a period of peace, at most there was just a tense detante wtih planning for the next offensive. "What is peace but preparation for war." is a popular saying everywhere.

Three powerful wizards, 1 from each country and third that claimed he was from neither, started a country of their own called Fhallaran that was a magocrocy and hell bent on removing religion from the planet. Religion and ideological differences is the reason why the peoples of this planet have never truly known peace. The three wizards Carian of the Four (Ghaadi), Blaest the Sundered (Mullora) and Andolr founded the High College of the Trinity which trained wizards in magics and the ways of shadow and illusion. Their research concentrated on methods to eradicate divine magics from existence. The three of them were more successful than they wildly thought possible.

They created magical diseases that only effected those with divine energies (Clerics and Paladins and the like; Rangers do not qualify unless they have spells) and were very deadly to them. The Trinity also worked hard on spells of epic proportions to supposedly kill the gods themselves.

By the time the two nations realized that this upstart nation formed from possible refugee migrations there was a full scale assault on both countries from within. Diseases and assassinations as well as invasion on key strategic points under the mask of magic. Arcane and Divine casters from both theocracies as well as key military figures were targeted with assassins and they allowed the diseases to render the divine institutions inert.

In the days following the internal siege of the theocracies what truly happened is but speculation. Both countries layed a unified counterattack, referred to as the Siege of Fhallaran, the likes of which that has never been seen in the history of the world which almost completely decimated the magocracy. In the last moments of the unified invasion of Fhallaran something strange happened. Divine magics failed all together and those that heard that calling of the gods heard nothing at all. It is thought that the Trinity found a way to slay or imprison the gods themselves. In these moments Fharallan was able to push the invaders back and save a little bit of what is left of their rebellious country.

Remove ads