D&D 5E Help with picking Bard spells

Kithas

First Post
Mello definitely has the more specific advice covered so I'll just add my advice for any bard;
Make sure to look at Paladin, and Ranger for great spells for their level. Many of them, since the classes progress slower magically, are much stronger than the same level spells of other classes. Some highlights; Aura of vitality/Life, Swift quiver, Lightning arrow, Conjure barrage/volley, hail of thorns, ensnaring strike, Crusader's mantle. Other spells that i've found particularly effective; Entangle, Guiding Bolt, Cone of Cold, Storm Sphere, Call Lightning, Moonbeam.

Dasem

First Post
One thing I'm absolutely picking is Sunbeam later on, spammable Radiant from range is always good.

Swift Quiver is good, but my Dex isn't anything special. Plus I'm Lore, I don't get a second attack. So it's not as good for me as it is for Valor. Likewise with any Smite spells.

Aura of Vitality is absolutely noteworthy. I think I'll be stealing that one. 2d6 as a bonus action. Even out of combat, lasting a minute, that'd be 20d6 healing amongst 3 party members in a minute. All for a third level slot. That one is spectacular.

Remove ads