Heroes of the Feywild, 4e

Pliantreality

First Post
I, for one, am a fan. The Heroes of Shadow was- well I shy away from saying disappointed. It conjures in me the image of some curmudgeonly father in a sweater-vest, sitting in a faux-leather chair and puffing discontentedly at a pipe. 'I am disappointed, son. Puff puff. Very disappointed.'

Which, in truth, I'm not. Heroes of Shadow didn't disappoint me because, in retrospect, it was likely my preconception that was at fault.

So a better, more accurate image would be me standing at a Thanksgiving day party in a rather revealing Halloween costume. I wasn't that far off. I mean, I was in the ball-park as to what I should expect from the party. There was pumpkin involved, certainly. All the same, it would be wrong in that situation to blame the party. The party was what it was, and failing to live up to misconceptions is no sin.

I really do get off-topic a lot, don't I.

Point is- I liked Heroes of the Feywild. There was plenty there for me to root around with as a GM. Elbow deep in a narrative pie (I don't condone being elbow deep in any pie and not all analogies are winners). As a player, the options were intuitively proffered and just as delicious.

So what do ya'll think of the sourcebook?

Actually, relatedly, is there currently anything disallowed from it in any of the Living campaigns? My second PC in 4e (or even first in Eberron) might very well be a Satyr if not.

I really like the sourcebook. The new builds are cool, and I dearly love getting new crunch like that - especially the skald. The fluff is pretty great as well, and one of my players has been using at to draw a lot of inspiration for her character. That said, I was a little disappointed in the paragon paths. I would've liked to see something more from the book in that department.

Overall, it's fun and has lots of useful stuff for both DMs and players.

Remove ads