Heroscape Poll Regarding Pre-Painted Miniatures

Should Heroscape include pre-painted miniatures even it significantly affects the price?

• The game never interested me, I would only buy it if it had pre-painted miniatures.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I might still buy the game, however including pre-painted miniatures would seal the deal.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I am fine with getting unpainted miniatures with the game.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Heroscape does not interest me at all, regardless of what miniatures come with it.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I mainly just buy Heroscape for the terrain pieces and not the miniatures.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

MinisGallery

Villager
Earlier this year Hasbropulse launched a new HasLab funding project for reviving Heroscape. This was a unique fantasy battle board game produced between 2004 - 2010, that involved a unique terrain system and pre-painted miniatures.

I was quite surprised that the attempt to breath new life into this game did not involve the inclusion of pre-painted miniatures. In their FAQ on their website, they have essentially advised that it would be too cost-prohibitive to make the game now with pre-painted miniatures. I know a lot of people who bought the game only for the pre-painted miniatures -- however since I run a pre-painted miniature fan website, I suspect my target market findings might be a little tainted.

I am curious as to what other people thoughts are regarding Heroscape, and if not having pre-painted miniatures is a deal-breaker for them, so I thought a poll would be in order.

JEB

Legend
I'd rather have painted minis, but I'd rather have some Heroscape than no Heroscape, so I can deal. (Even if the solid colors give me Monsters In My Pocket flashbacks.)

MinisGallery

Villager
I'd rather have painted minis, but I'd rather have some Heroscape than no Heroscape, so I can deal. (Even if the solid colors give me Monsters In My Pocket flashbacks.)
Hehe, you are not alone in regards to the "Monsters In My Pocket" concern :)

Mad_Jack

Legend
I never much cared about Heroscape, but some of the minis were nice... (There was a lot of intersection between the HS figures and the DDMS.)

I suppose if I was mainly interested in playing the game, I wouldn't much care about whether or not the figures were painted. But, I also paint figures as a completely separate hobby as well as using them for gaming, so
take that for whatever it's worth.

Remove ads