• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hey! Really??

Leif

Adventurer
I just saw an ad for the Obama campaign here on ENWorld!!!

To my CERTAIN KNOWLEDGE, however, ENWorld has always FORBIDDEN the discussion of any political topics!!

I'm sorry, folks, but YOU NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!! Down with all political ads! Get rid of it, and refund their money at once, I implore you!

To be fair, if the Obama ad is allowed to remain, then I demand equal time be given to Romney, a/k/a Mitt the Milquetoast.

Ok, so never mind.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Cool your jets.

The ads are from Google. We don't control them. Google feeds you them based on their algorithms, not our site policies.

In some cases, if you give us the URL the ad takes you to, we can have them blocked. I am not sure if political ads qualify, however.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I just saw an ad for the Obama campaign here on ENWorld!!!

To my CERTAIN KNOWLEDGE, however, ENWorld has always FORBIDDEN the discussion of any political topics!!

I'm sorry, folks, but YOU NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!! Down with all political ads! Get rid of it, and refund their money at once, I implore you!

To be fair, if the Obama ad is allowed to remain, then I demand equal time be given to Romney, a/k/a Mitt the Milquetoast.

Most likely it is from GoogleAds - it helps them get rid of it if you can provide the link details of the ad in question. dajr is the guy to see about it I think.

edit - that's weird - Umbran's post was not there when I replied but now it is - with a time stamp 14 minutes before my post. I'll never get used to this time jumps, I tell you...

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Cool your jets.

The ads are from Google. We don't control them. Google feeds you them based on their algorithms, not our site policies.

In some cases, if you give us the URL the ad takes you to, we can have them blocked. I am not sure if political ads qualify, however.
Oh. Ok. :heh: Sorry, then. Consider my jets cooled.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson 18th century English author.

edit - that's weird - Umbran's post was not there when I replied but now it is - with a time stamp 14 minutes before my post. I'll never get used to this time jumps, I tell you...
Yeah, what you said about patriotism! :) Oh, and by the way, as you probably know, Umbran is a known time-traveller, space-warper, and all-around bada$$. I recommend giving him a WIDE berth.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
Yeah, what you said about patriotism! :)

As much as I would like to take credit for it Samuel Johnston is first credited for the saying. His meaning probably wasn't what you would think though - he wasn't disparaging patriotism itself (he was quite an outspoken advocate of the British Empire) but rather the tendency for people to use patriotism as a shield when their actions and motives were highly suspect. Quite an interesting fellow really.

Oh, and by the way, as you probably know, Umbran is a known time-traveller, space-warper, and all-around bada$$. I recommend giving him a WIDE berth.

Are you saying Umbran's fat? ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads