• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hogshead Publishing: Fright Night Adventures - any good?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Well, I only have the Haunted House one. I personally liked it because it was a good mix of role-playing and figuring things out/investigation, and because while it was derivative of various horror movies set in a haunted house, wasn't a direct ripoff of any.

But bear in mind, because they are basically self-contained one-shots, a fair amount is taken up by new classes and such which are primarily just useful for that scenario.

solkan_uk

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Well, I only have the Haunted House one. I personally liked it because it was a good mix of role-playing and figuring things out/investigation, and because while it was derivative of various horror movies set in a haunted house, wasn't a direct ripoff of any.

But bear in mind, because they are basically self-contained one-shots, a fair amount is taken up by new classes and such which are primarily just useful for that scenario.

I was going to write, but this sums up pretty exactly what I was going to write, even down to only having the Haunted House one.
I've never run it, and it coud potentially kick of a campaign, but isn't really suitable to insert into an existing campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads