• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I unsubscribe messageboard threads?

TDRandall

Explorer
How do unsubscribe from threads?

When I go to "My Account" I can see a list of new subscriptions, and those have a clearly marked "unsubscribe" spot under it. But if I then choose the link to see all subscriptions that option disappears.

I've accumulated 65 in roughly a month since I found the subscribe feature, but already many of those are several weeks since their last update. I like to keep things neat and current as much as I can, and definitely don't want to clog or hit any imposed limit as I am not a community sponser. (That's a big "YET", as I'm considering what level of sponser I want to be - I've made another thread to find out about exactly what is IN the in-built EN World RPG environment, but no responses so far.)

I found a mention of unsubscribe in the FAQs, but all I got was a white screen when I hit the "here" link.

Thanks for the help guys!

fba827

Adventurer
go to the view all subscriptions screen. next to each you want to unsubscribe to, there is a check box - check the ones you want. then, at the bottom of that column, there is a drop-down menu, one of those is 'unsubscribe from the selected' or something like that ...

BSF

Explorer
One thing I do with the Subscriptions is to mark threads I might want to reference later. Then I choose no email updates (Actually, right now I am not sure any email updates are turned on.) so it doesn't send emails. This allows me to track interesting threads, regardless of what computer I am using.

Of course, I don't have 65 threads marked, like you do. :)

TDRandall

Explorer
Thank you so much fba!

I'd channel Bette Midler and sing a verse or two of "did I ever tell you your my hero", but I believe that's against the Geneva conventions..... :)

I don't have any notifications turned on, but since I don't have the search function (yet) subscriptions was the only way to keep track of the good stuff I might want to reference later. But it seems that once the discussions end then much of it becomes deadwood.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
No prob :)

(and by the way, email notfications are turned off across the board due to the load those add to the server so even if you did turn any on, you wouldn't actually get any notifications via email unless/until the server is in good enough shape to turn that back on - or something like that).

Remove ads