D&D (2024) How excited are you for the new 2024 edition d&d?

What is your excitement level? (1-5 with 5 being the highest)

Votes: 70 35.0%

Votes: 34 17.0%

Votes: 27 13.5%

Votes: 46 23.0%
  • 5 Most excited

Votes: 23 11.5%

• Poll closed .

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The fireside had me ready to raise it to a 3... then I read all the commentary on it, and made the mistake to keep reading it for a while longer, and now I'm decidedly over that urge :-/ I have the feeling it will get to a 4 before it comes out if the art is cool.

if you buy the book in 2024 / 25, them deciding sales no longer justify printed books in 2030 does not really affect you, does it?

You can do whatever you want, but for the foreseeable future they keep selling books and supporting other VTTs, they just added Foundry a month or so ago.
or I could buy substitute liek Tales of the Valiant and use whatever my players want from 2024 update by porting it to ToV and then hope WotC won't do something to drive Kobold Press bankrupt or find a way to force people to use D&D beyond with every tiny bit of their content.

I'm not particularly excited about a new edition because
(i) I've made up my mind that I'm running my last ever D&D-engine campaign because I'm so over it with its cow-dilemmas; AND
(ii) I've already created the engine I wish to use going forward in my life and have had the opportunity of testing it a bit and very much enjoyed the results.

However, I appreciate new books, editions are tradition, I admire beautiful art, I enjoy reading and I'm overall curious, but not to play it. I've D&D too long to keep limping through the issues I have with the historical engine.

mamba

Legend
or I could buy substitute liek Tales of the Valiant and use whatever my players want from 2024 update by porting it to ToV and then hope WotC won't do something to drive Kobold Press bankrupt or find a way to force people to use D&D beyond with every tiny bit of their content.
sure, how do you integrate 2024 without buying it? Borrow it?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Some of my players buy books themselves, if they will find something from 2024 update they bought and want to run, they can share it with me just like I shared Sky Zephyrs pdf I paid for with my Spelljammer DM.
Yeah, trust me this stuff is going to be easily available in a variety of ways very shortly after release. At the very least many people will upload a list of changes from the 2014 books.

To be honest, sort of surprised at how meh the forum is in total. As of this writing, the average rating is 2.6, which is pretty much the definition of "meh." Not sure if we're just old, jaded, or turned off by WotC. Or some combination of all of the above and more.
I think that the average may be misleading. There are a few people who are at the "meh" level of interest in the new edition. However it should come as no surprise on this forum when discussing levels of interest in 5e, that there are a sizeable demographic that are dragging it down.

There are a reasonable number of interested and cautiously optimistic, a smaller "meh" contingent, and a larger pool of active haters.
Putting it on VTTs doesn't exactly solve the fear of being unable to play offline. :)
Selling books however, should.

Remove ads