How long does it take to direct a familiar to deliver a touch spell?

Arabesu

Does directing a familiar to attack a foe require a Move Equivelent, an attack action, or a free action?

Can I cast a spell and direct my familiar to deliver it in the same round?

Is there any kind of familiar that has flyby attack? Is there any way to upgrade a familiar's feats so that they can take this?

If your familiar successfully delivers Vampiric touch, does the familiar gain the temporary hit points or do you? Presumably the caster gets them, so that'd be you.

pontus

First Post
Arabesu said:
Does directing a familiar to attack a foe require a Move Equivelent, an attack action, or a free action?
I guess that depends on how stupid your familiar is. Talking is usually a free action, but unless you have Talk With Master you'd have to rely on the empathic link. I don't know how fast that is.
Is there any kind of familiar that has flyby attack? Is there any way to upgrade a familiar's feats so that they can take this?
Check out the Planar Familiar spell on the WOTC site. Just remember that flyby doesn't negate AOOs.
If your familiar successfully delivers Vampiric touch, does the familiar gain the temporary hit points or do you?
DM's call. I'd give them to the familiar.

Remove ads