• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to Post and Update Games

The_Universe

First Post
So here's how this forum works, blatantly cribbed from Rel's excellent description for the Gen Con 2006 Game Scheduling forum, and my own 2007 version:

GM's will start a thread for each game they wish to run. The thread title should include at least a name to call the game and the time you wish to run it. So your thread title might look like this:

[Saturday AM] Sky Galleons of Mars - Savage Worlds

or

[Sunday PM] "Hellpocalypse: After the Boom!" - Mutants & Masterminds

In the thread your first post can include whatever description you want to post of the game. It could be one line. It might be several paragraphs of background. It might include a list of pre-gen characters. It might even include links to documents for the game. Whatever you like.

At some point people will come into your thread and start looking to sign up for your game. How and who is selected for each game is entirely up to the GM. You can just take whoever comes first. You can set a date and time on which signup will start and take whoever signs up first after that. You can pick and choose. You can draw names out of a hat. Whatever floats your boat.

Eventually you should add a list of what slots are available for your game and who is currently playing in it to your first post. If you want to copy this one then feel free. Just so long as it's fairly easily identified by somebody wanting to play your game:

Slot 1: Cthulhu's Librarian
Slot 2: Queen D
Slot 3: The Universe
Slot 4: Reveal
Slot 5: Old One
Slot 6: OPEN

See how I made the OPEN slot red? Feel free to do that if you'd like to attract attention to the fact that there's still open space in your games.

Once a few game threads are up, the forum moderator (me!) is going to come in here and post a thread in which the first post will include a full schedule, in chronological order, of all games that have been posted thus far.

Finally, a general word on games and them being full or not:

We expect that this schedule will be fairly fluid until we get down to the last week or so before the Gameday. If you didn't get into a game you want to play, consider subscribing to the thread. People will undoubtedly sign up for games and then later have to drop out.

Also, if you're a GM, you might find that nobody seems to be signing up for your game. It doesn't mean you're a bad person or anything. You might just have it scheduled at a time when there are a lot of other games going on. If nobody has signed up for it after a while, consider moving it to another time when the schedule is less crowded.

Additionally, in case you haven't figured it out by now, there are a LOT of GM's at ENWorld. MORE than in the gamer population in general. There will almost certainly be games that don't get players because of this. Don't sweat it. If your game winds up being rather empty then take the opportunity to cancel it and go play in somebody else's game. It'll all work out. Trust us.*

So let's get started with the scheduling. If any issues crop up along the way (and they probably will) feel free to post them in this thread and myself or one of the other mods will help out if we can. And in case you haven't heard us shout it from the rooftops, ENWorld pickup games are some of the best you'll ever play! I had a ton of fun in every game I played or ran last year and this year will no doubt be more of the same!

*If it does not in fact "all work out", it's totally okay to blame Rodrigo. Honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads