How Would You Defend A Mountain Fortress? (Volume II)

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Indeed, the northern front is being swallowed up in fierce fighting! The Vallorean forces have swept the area in front of their advance with storms, and have fast columns of enchanted cavalry that are specially equipped with anti-demon and anti-undead weaponry that ride to and fro ahead of the main host, searching out pockets of undead forces, and slaughtering them. These forces strike swiftly, before retreating into enchanted mists. There are numerous evil forces gathering in the shadows and watching, waiting...even as other forces gather their strength, and throw themselves in great, ferocious waves against the Vallorean armies! The deployment of the Bulette/Blue Dragons continue to reap a terrible cost in Vallorean lives, while platoons of heavily armoured evil knights, supported by fanatical devils, sweep in at night and make ferocious attacks to upset the Valloreans and keep them busy at night, where the evil forces are strongest.

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Maldur

First Post
Im getting the feeling that this war is becoming more like the: Immovable object meets the instoppable force.

Both Superpowers (Vallorean and the Vampire lord) should be careful not to weaken each other to such a point were other "powers" can move in and take on both.

Shark do you have a map of your world ( the part this is taking place)? It might be interesting to see how other nations might effect this struggle. Also how are other borders defended? When this escalates more and more troops will be sucked into this conflict leaving the rest of the nation less defended. How important is this war for both the emperor and our high lord vampire?

Are there more conflicts on the continent(s)? How are other nations reacting to this conflict?

mmadsen

First Post
Both Superpowers (Vallorean and the Vampire lord) should be careful not to weaken each other to such a point were other "powers" can move in and take on both.
Ooh, now that could be a great twist, Maldur. I don't see SHARK letting his Vallorean empire dwindle away though.

Maldur

First Post
It would not be dwindling, it could be a long draw out fight for survival , two ( or more ) fronts, the only potential ally, a completely evil vampire nation. It could be very epic, and exiting. Also when overrun the vallorean underground rebelion could be a great enviroment for gaming .

But you r right it doesn't sound like SHARK would do that :)

sword-dancer

Explorer
SHARK said:
Greetings!

Indeed, the northern front is being swallowed up in fierce fighting! The Vallorean forces have swept the area in front of their advance with storms, and have fast columns of enchanted cavalry that are specially equipped with anti-demon and anti-undead weaponry that ride to and fro ahead of the main host, searching out pockets of undead forces, and slaughtering them.
Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Hello SHARK

What beasts ride the valnorreans that aren`t afraid of the terror of undead or daemons?
Normally i would sya normal animals including destriers would panick when encountering undead, not to speak from daemons?

Maldur

First Post
I can only imagine there are a large amount of paladins with their mounts among those cavalry squads. Aura of courage and the interaction of the paladin mounts with regular mounts can keep the cavalry going.

Last edited:

mmadsen

First Post
What beasts ride the valnorreans that aren`t afraid of the terror of undead or daemons? Normally i would sya normal animals including destriers would panick when encountering undead, not to speak from daemons?
I have to agree with Maldur; I doubt the Vallorean cavalry ride steeds afraid of the Vampires, Werewolves, and Demons. If they did, the Valloreans would've dumped cavalry a long, long time ago.

Oskar

First Post
Maybe they ride Druids Wildshaped into horses. With the Natural Spell feat so they retain their spellcasting abilities.
:eek:

Maldur

First Post
or awakenend horses with paladin levels.

The question is what kind of mount do they get at fourth level? or do they get wings?

Remove ads