Iconic race/class combinations?

Breakstone

First Post
Already in the art of Arcana Unearthed we seem to be seeing "iconic" characters. On page 161, we see a Litorian Greenbond, a Verrik Mind Witch, a Human Unfettered, a Mojh Mage Blade, and a Spryte Magister fighting a monster.

But to you, what seem to be the iconic race/class combinations? I mean, we all know of Tordek the Dwarven Fighter, and Mialee the Elven Wizard, but what about Malethar the Litorian? Ro-Paterik the Giant?

To me, I see the iconics as the following, one for each class:

Verrik Akashic: It says right in the Verrik race description that they discovered the Akashic memory.

Human Champion: To me, hmans just seem the best for these defenders of faith.

Litorian Greenbond: The litorians seem to be the most connected with nature.

Human Mage Blade: Mage Blades seem like a mixed class, and humans just seem to fit it for me.

Loresong Faen Magister: Loreson Faen are already magic-oriented.

Sibeccai Oathsworn: Sibeccai seem like a driven race, and were created by the Giants to help them defeat the dramojh. It just fits.

Mojh Runethane: The Mojh are all about changing their body, and the tattoo-oriented runethane seems to fit them.

Litorian Totem Warrior: As I said, litorians seem to be wilderness-types.

Quickling Faen Unfettered: As a free-willed, dexterity-oriented race, they seem to fit the unfettered bill.

Giant Warmain: The warmain seem to be all about being big and powerful, and while the Giants are a peaceful people, they are also big and powerful.

Verrik Witch: As a removed, magical race, the Verrik just scream "Witch!"

How about you? What race/class combinations fit your "iconics?"

Hardhead

Explorer
Verrik Akashic: It says right in the Verrik race description that they discovered the Akashic memory.

Even with that, I think of Humans as Akashic. They get bonus skill points, and Akashic are generally skill users, so it fits to me.

Human Champion: To me, hmans just seem the best for these defenders of faith.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I definitly see Giants as iconic champions. They're big, strong, and they take on causes like nobody's buisness. Champion just SCREAMS "Giant."

Litorian Greenbond: The litorians seem to be the most connected with nature.

Nah, Litorians get a -2 WIS, so they make crappy Greenbonds, despite that picutre. :) Though I like the idea of Litorian Greenbonds, I've got to say that humans are going to be much more common.

Human Mage Blade: Mage Blades seem like a mixed class, and humans just seem to fit it for me.

I agree.

Loresong Faen Magister: Loreson Faen are already magic-oriented.

Agree. Also, Mojh are obvious Magisters.

Sibeccai Oathsworn: Sibeccai seem like a driven race, and were created by the Giants to help them defeat the dramojh. It just fits.

Only problem is their racial bite doesn't work with the Oathsworn's unarmed attacks. Still, I agree, it's a nice thematic fit.

Mojh Runethane: The Mojh are all about changing their body, and the tattoo-oriented runethane seems to fit them.

I think humans when I think Runethane, but I can definitly see Mojh as well.

Litorian Totem Warrior: As I said, litorians seem to be wilderness-types.

Yeah.

Quickling Faen Unfettered: As a free-willed, dexterity-oriented race, they seem to fit the unfettered bill.

Yup.

Giant Warmain: The warmain seem to be all about being big and powerful, and while the Giants are a peaceful people, they are also big and powerful.

True. But as I said earlier, I'd give Champion to Giants. It should be pointed out that Sebacci make great Warmains with their +2 CON, -2 INT and their "offhand" bite attack that they pick up with only one racial level.

Verrik Witch: As a removed, magical race, the Verrik just scream "Witch!"

Definitly.

Last edited:

Hardhead said:
Agree. Also, Mojh are obvious Magisters.

Actually, based upon their description, I think that if there's an iconic mojh, it's the Mageblade. The Giant Warmain seems highly iconic too.

My thoughts are that there are iconic-appearing characters, but there are no real limitations. (Iconic is also dangerously close to stereotypical.) My group has a litorian hawk totem warrior, a giant mageblade and a giant akashic. I think of all of them now as iconic because they are the first AU characters that I'm DMing for. Others will have different experiences. :D

Remove ads