• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm getting the 3.5 stuff tomarrow

BlackJaw

First Post
I'll be especialy interested to see what they did with flight under the new DMG & MM. They may have also slid some vehicle rules into the game somewhere when we weren't looking.

I suspect if they did change anything it won't be to my liking anyways.

I do know that the diagnal movement rule (1.5 spaces instead of 1 space) and the Square facing rules bother me a lot. (I liked horses at 5' by 10') and will affect our rules a bit.

BlackJaw

First Post
Flight rules look to be about the same as they were. big hard to understand chart of moving this way costs you X amount of speed with rules for down before up, etc.

The facing thing is annoying in concept but not really any extra work for us. We just don't mention that vessel are any diffrent then mosnters for facing rules, and never use examples or stat blocks that list facing as anything other then size/reach. Easy and "to the core."

Now that diagonal movement rule does bother me.
Actualy they reworked/reworded the whole movement section so that now there are generic squares and speeds, etc. daigonal squares count as 1 for the first, 2 for the second, 1 for the third... etc. We will have to work this into the game system I guess. It's not so bad, especialy as we were talking about "squares" instead of speeds anyway, but the "cost to move in a special way" stuff has never been something I liked.

Remove ads