• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Iron Heroes] [Recruiting] A Council of Warriors

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
The high priest of Odin summons the Thanes of the Nine Races of Midgard unto a grand council amongst the standing stones of the great Northwestern Isle of Mists. Dark times face us. He has foreseen it.

Please, take up your arms, your armor, and your most trusted guards and attend Odin's Voice at the Council.

I want to run an Iron Heroes game at a decently high level.

This is that game.

You will be playing the established earthly lords of Midgard (Earth) in this Norse/Anglo-Saxon inspired game of Epic Heroics. I don't have a campaign world outlined much beyond that. This is where you come in!

Character Submissions
Classes: Any from Iron Heroes revised PHB or Iron Heroes Player's Companion. Armiger will be using the Draft Armiger Revision found here.
Arcanist will not be used. If you want a character with Arcane magic, play a spiritualist but describe it differently.
Races: Human, Elf (Dark Elf okay), and Dwarf. No, you don't have any ACTUAL racial abilities, but your traits should reflect your character.
Level: 11
Stats: Use one of the 3 standard arrays from the IH PHB. +1 Ability score at level 4 and 8.
Wealth: Buy what you want with double the max starting gold for your class. I will give out freebies that you have accumulated in your travels.
HP: Max level 1, all D4s roll 3s thereafter for HP.
Skills:: You only have access to skill groups of the class level you have just taken, not to all skills groups of all class levels you have ever taken.

Other submission requirements:

Tell me a little about your character's personality and rule style.
Boast about one crazy heroic thing the scops sing about your exploits.
Tell me about your kingdom, your subjects, and what kind of geography you rule.

Basically, you are building your characters, your home kingdoms. I will put them together and we will get going.

My only requirements are that, religion-wise, the god structure be built around the Norse Gods.

I will take all excellent submissions that I think will add to this "shared" world we are creating, up to a total of 9 players (which will be split into two groups until players start dropping out, then the two parties will rejoin each other.).

[sblock=Alternate Character Option]I would love it if one person would create The High Priest of Odin's second-in-command. This is a possible tenth PC[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
HMM

I happen to have that book, but I've never played it...

But I'd like to.

Lemme browse through it and take a look. My preliminary concept is sort of a feral jungle thing... I need to see if there's rules for animal buddies in it...

Bootmobile

First Post
I have this book but never thought I would get the chance to use it. :)

I'm thinking harrier or possibly a weapon master, maybe even a bit of both.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads