• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It can be cool even if it doesn't go to 11...

Harlock

First Post
What about using "modules" to expand levels? It's not like we haven't seen that before with BECMI. Maybe 12 levels is core and two additional 12 level modules (expert or advanced or companion...) to take it to 36?

Agamon

Adventurer
What about using "modules" to expand levels? It's not like we haven't seen that before with BECMI. Maybe 12 levels is core and two additional 12 level modules (expert or advanced or companion...) to take it to 36?

This was my original thought. Start with fewer levels, expand it like BECMI did. Not necessarily 12/36 though, 10/20 would work alright, along with some sort of expanded epic/immortal rules set, as well.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I've been advocating for 1-10, if only for the ability to have meaningful bonuses that fit on a 1d20 roll across (most) class levels.

I also advocate we drop 3.x Character Class and go back to separate class levels with their ranks side-by-side.

Remove ads