WOIN Leadership Skill vs Leadership Exploit vs Organization REP

In some OLD careers you can gain the leadership skill. No specific use is given as example, but we can all guess how it can be used.
There's also a Leadership Exploit, which, differently from the Leadership skill, allows you to donate your LUCK dice pool to another character as a reaction.
Finally, in the section about Organizations in OLD 1.2, the commander section (p 263) says
Every organization (or sub-group) has someone in charge. That person, whether a knight commander or a spymaster, has a leadership skill equal to the organization’s REP attribute, and may use it in the same way as a PC’s leadership skill, donating LUC dice to allies. A commander has access to the REP of the sub-group she is commanding, not the whole organization—the head of the Navy has access to far greater resources than the commander of a small village watch has. This only applies to NPCs—player characters must earn their leadership skills the hard way
This section is a bit confusing because it seems to conflate the leadership skill with the leadership exploit. It could be both, or could be an errata?

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
I agree that the paragraph you found regarding the commander section of Organizations in the OLD rulebook is a bit confusing. I am pretty sure the Leadership skill is intended to be a separate skill, with no relationship to the Leadership exploit except for the name. Leadership is listed as a defensive skill in the WRRD, where the magnitude of a character's Leadership skill dice pool is added to the character's MENTAL DEFENSE. Leadership is listed under the Skill category "Social". I would note that in the NOW book, there is a subsection of the "Agents and Organizations" chapter entitled "Commanders" on p. 177 that states the following: "Every operation or group of agents has a designated commander. This agent has a LUC score equal to the organization's REP score, and also has the Leadership exploit, meaning the commander can donate his LUC dice to members of his team." Perhaps this was more what was intended for the OLD rulebook? I cannot remember the sequence of publication of the NEW, OLD, and NOW rulebooks (nor the timing of their subsequent v1.2 releases), so I'm not sure which is chicken and which is egg. :p

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In some OLD careers you can gain the leadership skill. No specific use is given as example, but we can all guess how it can be used.
There's also a Leadership Exploit, which, differently from the Leadership skill, allows you to donate your LUCK dice pool to another character as a reaction.
Finally, in the section about Organizations in OLD 1.2, the commander section (p 263) says

This section is a bit confusing because it seems to conflate the leadership skill with the leadership exploit. It could be both, or could be an errata?
Yes, it should refer to the exploit not the skill.

Remove ads