Location, Location, Location

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
I've been reading some stuff about the importance of which region a character is from within the scope of the game. To be honest, I don't really know the regions, so I wouldn't know the difference of a Seren versus a Zilargo versus Xen'drik as where the character is from. What does it effect? How does it matter?

I haven't read the Eberron books, and I probably won't get the opportunity to in the near future, so any help here to understand would be welcome.

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, there is only so much we can explain here, but here's the quick and dirty version.

Korvairre is the main continent that Sharn is on on, as are the 5 kingdoms.

Seren=Argonessen=Isle of the Dragons, where dragons are revered (Which is rumors and legends to those not from the isles)

Xen'Drik is the home of giants and the drow (who are now jungle dwellers). It was the home of the elves, who were slaves of the giants till they left for...

Arenal, where the elves revere death and are lead by the deathless, anti-undead who live in the city of the dead (can't remember the name of it). Some elves are rather obsessive and even paint their features to look dead.

Kyber: The underworld

The Kalashtar and their enemies come from another continent that the name escapes me.

On Khovairre, you have a few areas I can name off the top of my head. * by one of the "Five Kingdoms"

*Breland: Sharn is in this country. It's a monarchy, but generaly the people are free. Kind of a US/UK/Australia rolled togeather from what I can tell.

*Karrnath: Lead by a king who used Necromancy durring the great war. Generaly not friendly with most 'forged. A darker nation, many might consider the evil nation, but probably better described as neutral with a different view of undead.

*Thrane: Theocracy run by the Silver Flame. Religion is rather important here, more specificly worship of the Silver Flame.

*Cyre: Blown up in the great mourning to creat the Mournlands, an area where magic is strange and is surrounded by a cloud. It started the negotiations to end the war.

*Aundair: Fairly normal nation, considers themselves to be a bit more refined and educated. A little uperclass snoot, and wits over power seems to be the prevailing thoughts here. Magic is also important in Audair.

Valenar: Elves left Korvairre to the goblins/hobgoblins ages ago, and the Valenar elves came to take it back. Somewhat militant, big on horses, and many try to emulate their ancestors.

Zilargo is the gnomish nation, and a regular hub for information.

Darguun: Once part of Breland, it was taken back by the hobgoblins and goblins durring the war, and now has an uneasy truce with Breland.

Q'bare: Swampy land, home of many lizardfolk.

Elidien Reaches: Wilderness on one side of the continent, provides a barier for the Demon Wastes.

Demon Wastes: Badlands, home of many aberations of Kyber

Lhazar Principalities: Group of islands on one side of the continent, home of pirates, sailors, and other oddities.

Velmont

First Post
That's helpful... another thing:

Mror Holds: A valley between two mountain range where the dwarven clan have establish there holds.

Remove ads