• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for extremely OLD OLD OLD Adventure...Was I believe in one of the early magazines

Light Knight

First Post
It was a 5 room dungeon. It had one room as the main, and 4 rooms on each wall. It was entirely traps/tricks/riddles/clues/solve it.

The most noticeable thing I remember was a fountain in the center of the room, I believe it had water in it with some piranha.

Also, one of the side rooms was covered in mirrors...Once you walked in, your reflection would keep you from leaving (opposing force). The trick was to light the fire in the center of the room, that was under a container of water, the water would boil, and steam up the mirrors.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Are you sure it was D&D? There were a lot like that in most of the early gaming mags, but not all were for D&D. Anyway, sounds vaguely familar, but I can't place it. And I no longer have any of my old mags.

MoxieFu

First Post
This sounds a lot to me like Chapel of Silence in Dragon #50. There wasn't a pool in the middle , but each level had a spiral staircase going down. It was hexagonal shaped and had 5 levels. Some levels had 6 rooms on the outer perimeter. Not exactly like what you're describing but sometimes the memory changes things.

Remove ads