Looking for one or two players for an 'Adventures in Middle-Earth' Campaign

LordArt12

First Post
I am relatively new to RPGs and especially to this website so I thought I would post here. I have been trying to get an 'Adventures in Middle-Earth' or 'The One Ring' game going, however, the attempts have not been successful. I'll spare you the details. I was hoping to find a GM willing to run either 'Adventures in Middle-Earth' or 'The One Ring'. I am sure once I have found a GM I can get my group of players together. The timezone we are in is MST.

I look forward to diving into the world of Tolkien, and RPGs,
LordArt12

*Disclaimer: I am also using this post to meet my initial post requirements. So fire away, post any helpful advice or perhaps when you first read Tolkien or played your first RPG.*

Last edited:

Clayton Griffin

First Post
Good Afternoon,
I have been thinking of running a game of Adventures in Middle Earth. I have no experience running or playing online though. I do have Fantasy Grounds but haven't had a chance to actually use it. I'm also not familiar with how to communicate (other than by post or email) over the internet.

LordArt12

First Post
Hello Clayton,
We would love to have you as our GM if you are willing. With regards to you online play experience I wouldn't be too worried I am sure I can help a little with that if you plan on using Fantasy Grounds. For communication, there are a few options that I think might work quite well: Discord, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak to name a few.

Clayton Griffin

First Post
Cool. Would you want to stay in the time frame of the supplement or go into the Fourth Age? I have a lot of reference material for Middle Earth so I can pretty much run in any era. I also have a Spellcasting supplement posted on this site for AiME if you would like to take a look at it. Not sure if I would like to implement that for the setting in the book, but might be ok for a late Fourth Age setting. I'm game for pretty much anything. It has been a while since I've played or DMed.

LordArt12

First Post
I would prefer to stay in the time frame of the supplement and stick with a minimal magic approach. Do you know what communication service you would like to use?

Last edited:

Clayton Griffin

First Post
I don't have a headset so not sure how well the microphone on my laptop works. So that would be my issues with using those. I think the only one I've ever heard of is Teamspeak. My user extent for the internet is mostly browsing, streaming and downloading. Although, I did do a little web ad design back in the early days of E-bay lol.

Also, jut got to looking at Fantasy Grounds, there is no direct implementation for AiME and there will likely not be an official package for it (seems to be licensing issues). The character sheet can be directly edited for the skills (can't erase but can add) in game but not sure how to implement the classes, cultures and other AiME specific things.

LordArt12

First Post
Then maybe we should try discord, it can be more text focused. We can use it as a method of out of game communication. I would not be too worried about how to implement the classes, cultures and other AiME specific things. We can use fantasy ground as a virtual table and take advantage of the programming where we can and adapt as needs be.

Last edited:

Clayton Griffin

First Post
Ok. So FG will just be used for the die rolling and presentation. As far as file transfers, I think the only thing I would have access to right now is Google docs (I think that one is free). I used to have another one but the subscription ran out and I don't have money right now. I normally just use my yahoo email to send stuff back and forth for other purposes.

LordArt12

First Post
We are looking for one or two more players for our adventures in middle-earth campaign. Next session is at 7pm MST on the 4th of February. We use Fantasy Ground and it is primarily text based.

Last edited:

Remove ads