• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Looking for some solid DnD 5e home brew classes.

Quickleaf

Legend
I've seen a Pugilist (Benjamin Huffman) in play around 3rd-4th level and it played just fine for us at those levels.

I've seen the Magus (Laserllama's take on a swordmage) at 1st level one-shot and it seemed just fine.

Oh, and I've seen a Blood Hunter (Matt Mercer) at 3rd level and it seemed a bit funky, but ran ok.

I am currently playtesting some of my own stuff, in case any of these strikes your fancy:
  • Archivist – mystical scholar based on old 3e Heroes of Horror mixed with some alienist stuff
  • Duelist – lightly armored mobile warrior focused on reactions, mix of several things ranging from 1e to 3e, with dashes from 4e
  • Warden – spell-less ranger type with tracking, ranged opportunity attack mechanic, and "wildcrafts" emulating warlock invocations
  • Variant Fighter (I've posted it here in this forum)
Eventually will be writing my own Witch, incorporating a bunch of ideas from 2e Complete Wizards Handbook, two versions from Dragon magazine, 4e witch, and going to look over the versions from Mage Hand Press & Walrock Homebrew.

Last edited:

ezo

Where is that Singe?
This is the Paragon class our group has used from time to time. It plays well, but can be a bit powerful (on par with other powerful classes, not necessarily OP).

1716242584154.png

Full PDF is attached.

Attachments

• Paragon-revised.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 14

Greg K

Legend
Eventually will be writing my own Witch, incorporating a bunch of ideas from 2e Complete Wizards Handbook, two versions from Dragon magazine, 4e witch, and going to look over the versions from Mage Hand Press & Walrock Homebrew.
If you don't have it, I would suggest also looking at Green Ronin's Witch's Handbook by Steve Kenson. It is for 3e, but it is still my favorite take on the witch for any edition of D&D.

Was planning on running Curse of Strahd and was wondering if there was any good homebrew classes made for DnD 5e that are available. Please tell me

I am aware of the Witch by Mage Hand Press, Magus and Pugilist classes by Benjamin Huffman.

Was looking for a free Warlord or something along those lines.
My brother.

Laserllama and Kibblestasty have heckin' free content that is truly amazing. Laserllama is the best, Kibblestasty is his rival.

Also, Mage Hand Press has a book called "Valda's Spire of Secrets" that contains NINE classes in it (including the Witch). These classes are great and I've either played them or allwoed them to be used in my campaigns to great success.

Between Kibbles, Laser, and Mage Hand Press, you have over 15 high quality homebrew and 3rd party classes.

I also have a 3rd party Pendragon (my version of the arcane half-caster) I wrote that'll be published later this year.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads