• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for suggestions for Artificer Weird Science Device

Keldin

First Post
I have a 2nd level artificer. I'm looking to create a second Weird Science device to fill out my quota.

Basically, I'm looking for suggestions for what 0-1st level spell to use for this device, knowing that it likely will only be usable two times (maybe three) a day. There's no limit on class list, and D&D 3.5e spells are welcome as well. Though Artificers do not have the ability to detect magic, there is a Magus in the party that my artificer usually works with. Likewise, there is a healing character in the group, so that need is met as well. Right now, he currently uses a Sleep device, and I've gotten a lot of good out of that, so I'm looking for other suggestions. Character concept-wise, this character is mostly a builder - he has ranks in six different Craft skills - and 'knowledge guy' (mostly due to the artificer's Jack of All Trades ability). I have been contemplating a direct damage device (like Inflict Light Wounds), but I thought I'd ask here as well.

Thanks in advance.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, you could make a small magical tablet that can cast Identify, with the command word, "Siri".;)

Or...

A pair of cloth Wings that unfurl to give you Feather Fall.

An invisible servant, "Jeeves" from a totem.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Weird Science

Uhura's Mask
Comprehend Languages

Necrocompass
Detect Undead
Reveals undead within 60 ft

Thermal Socks
Endure Elements
Exist comfortably in hot or cold regions

Inukchuk Feather
Enlarge Person
Humanoid creature doubles in size.

Speedy Cleats
Expeditious Retreat
Your base speed increases by 30 ft.

Jack's Springy Heels
Jump
Subject gets bonus on Acrobatics checks.

Eedjit's Aegis
Shield
Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missile.

Otto's Tuner
Vocal Alteration
Disguise target's voice.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Bubble Gum
Air Bubble - Creates a small pocket of air around your head or an object. Also in spearmint or peppermint.

Starfleet Insignia
Comprehend Languages - You understand all spoken and written languages. Also geek cred in your circle of peers.

Tricorder
Know The Enemy - Gain +10 on a monster Knowledge check. Also has flashy lights and hums/chirps while in use.

Vertigo Pen
Ray of Sickening - Ray makes the subject sickened. Also a pen.

Vuvuzela
Ear-Piercing Scream - Deal sonic damage and daze target. Also great at tournaments and come in many colors.

Decanter of Bong Water
Polypurpose Panacea - Gain a relaxing or entertaining effect. Or several. Maaaan.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Well similar to Dannyalcatraz's Necrocompass (almost exactly actually) is the Skeleton Key (published in #30 Haunts for Kaidan) which detects undead within 60', however it also allows you to detect haunts within 60' whether they have manifested or not. Although I love haunts, haunts are particularly tricky in detection. Not detecting a haunt in time can get players pretty upset, and often requires someone with channel to deal with. With a skeleton key you are greatly enhancing their capability for adventuring survival.

Remove ads