D&D 5E LVL 20 Boss battle One shot, kinda broken rules

Weariershelf129

First Post
So my buddy is creating a epic boss battle one shot, his rules arekinda broken though in the players favor. We get ability scores AND Feats every improvement level, we’re building to lvl 20, I want a variant human, or drow (because he said sunlight effects would not be in game) my scores are STR:18, DEX:20, CON:20, INT:16, WIS:20, CHA:16. I was thinking perhaps a Drake warden ranger multi classes with fighter, keep spells healing and utility based, my problem is I’ve never built this high before and it’s a bit overwhelming and flustering. Would love to hear input!

What sort of level breakdown are you looking at?

Fighter levels are certainly great if you want to make the most broken by his ASI rule thing conceivable, since they get extra ASIs. But taking advantage of that at all requires at least 6 levels of Fighter which precludes getting a large Dragon to ride, which is obviously a major draw of Drakewarden in a high level game.

It sounds like you wanted to make Ranger the main class, so you're probably best off taking a three level Fighter dip so you get a subclass (or four if you don't miss out on an ASI). But if you are only interested in Ranger for "utility and healing" than you are skipping one of the major draws of Ranger which is a bunch of unique spells to amplify their martial combat prowess, and you might be better off just doing a Fighter with a Ranger dip.

Weariershelf129

First Post
What sort of level breakdown are you looking at?

Fighter levels are certainly great if you want to make the most broken by his ASI rule thing conceivable, since they get extra ASIs. But taking advantage of that at all requires at least 6 levels of Fighter which precludes getting a large Dragon to ride, which is obviously a major draw of Drakewarden in a high level game.

It sounds like you wanted to make Ranger the main class, so you're probably best off taking a three level Fighter dip so you get a subclass (or four if you don't miss out on an ASI). But if you are only interested in Ranger for "utility and healing" than you are skipping one of the major draws of Ranger which is a bunch of unique spells to amplify their martial combat prowess, and you might be better off just doing a Fighter with a Ranger dip.
Yea sorry I didn’t clarify that,I want ranger as my main class with 3rd lvl fighter, its hard to decide what subclass to take. I’m conflicted between arcane archer and champion. And thank you I never saw the ranger as a a damaging caster,

I play a beast master/ battle master in our main campaign, my spells revolve around zephyr strike, absorb elements, fog cloud and cure wounds, speak with animals! I revolved his damage around the battle master so I’m a sword and shield swinger. I would love insight into the ranger! My beast turns the tides so well with advantage he’s been taught to “grapple” where I lack the beast fills the holes. I love that about rangers the character and their beast work as one

Remove ads