• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Maximilian’s Earthen Grasp: Reach vs Move

Tormrin

Villager
I’m unsure as how to interpret the following part of the spell description: “As an action, you can cause the hand to reach for a different creature or to move to a different unoccupied space within range”.

Does it mean

A: It can only “reach” for creatures within the hand’s reach (5ft), i.e. “reach” OR move (if so, “reaching” for a creature in a square further away would involve 2 actions (one to move, and one to “reach”).

B: It can “reach” for any creature within the hand’s range (30ft), i.e. “reach” for a different creature within range OR move to a different unoccupied space within range if so, the “or move to a different unoccupied space” clarifies that the hand can also move without “reaching”).

Tormrin

Villager
Thanks, that was what I was suspecting (but not how I used it last session). Not quite so versatile, but still has it’s uses, I guess. I really wish the language was more clear.

Remove ads