MD/DC/VA: Established group seeks 1 more reliable 4E player

Stormtower

First Post
Hail, fellow gamers:

Our established tabletop D&D group -- friends since 2006 and going strong with multiple completed 3.5E campaigns under our belt -- seeks one new regular gamer to join our table on a weekly basis and add to the fun and friendship.

We are looking for just one player, a stable and reliable person of age range from 25 & up, who is serious about showing up for a weekly 4E game on Friday nights from 7:30pm until midnight at my home in Silver Spring, MD. We are on the Red Line in the greater DC Metropolitan area, and for those who drive, there is ample parking in our neighborhood.

A little about our tribe of gamers: we are eclectic and laid back, but serious about our gaming in terms of tactics and rules knowledge. We like people who show up ready to play with a fun, mature and relaxed attitude. Our age range is from 32 to 42 currently (somewhat younger than us, down to about 25 is great). We have 3 RPGA GenCon DMs (myself, who is DM for this 4E campaign, and two of my players) at the table as well as two women, so we're pretty gender-balanced and knowledgeable about the game. Many of us were Living Greyhawk players and/or DMs prior to 4E.

This particular campaign is intentionally "RP-lite" and heavy on miniatures action and tactical battles. However, there is always room for roleplaying, trash-talk and banter. The campaign is just getting started... it is my first non-Convention foray into 4E DM'ing (though I'm a 3.5 veteran DM with a long-running homebrew). We're running Keep on the Shadowfell and the other WotC adventures, with the intent to run the system into epic levels with the Prince of Undeath as the final adventure. So the campaign will be ongoing for a year or more of weekly game nights on Fridays until we finish the adventures. We use D&D miniatures, dungeon tiles and lots of laminated maps and handouts, as well as the Character Builder software.

This ad is being placed because we had a de-committal from our 5th player, who was playing a Wizard. So a preference willl be given to a tactically minded player who is willing to play the Controller role (Wizard, Invoker, Druid, etc.). We honestly prefer someone with 4E and/or recent D&D experience, but the right sort of new player would also be welcomed (perhaps someone from the wargaming world who wanted to try RP along with his minis battles).

We are tactically hardcore but I employ a "cinematic" death's door rule which allows PCs to fail hard in combat but still continue the story arc of the campaign. A good player match for us would be someone near our age who enjoys miniatures-based action and a culture of rolling dice in the open and adherence to the rules of the game in good sportsmanship. Maturity and good social skills around women is a BIG plus for our group, as we have 2 regular female players.

My home has a lovely gaming space in the basement, and I am willing to share access to my Character Builder account with players of mine who don't have their own license, up to my legal limit of 5 installs/updates.

Please respond here with an initial message and we can take it from there. You can be gaming with us as soon as this Friday, March 5th!

Thanks for reading,
Nick M. (Stormtower)

Shellfishguy

First Post
Wow, you're description sounds like my ideal game! I played in a 4e campaign for about four months last year and I really love the new system. I'm also a wargamer so love using the minis in combat. I actually used a battlemat and minis when I DM'd 2e back in college.

Unfortunately I couldn't guarantee that I could make every Friday. Three a month I could likely do, but four is questionable. Plus I'm out in Annapolis, so Silver Spring is a bit of a run. For whatever reason Annapolis is a bit of a gaming dead zone it seems.

Stormtower

First Post
Hi Shellfishguy,

Thanks for replying. I think we can manage 3/4 Fridays as long as you don't mind the game continuing with your PC as a Companion for the weeks you are out. I look forward to speaking with you further.

You can reach me directly at gaiasdreamdm@gmail.com.

Shellfishguy

First Post
I have to apologize, the day after I replied my wife had a change in her schedule with school and Fridays have become unworkable for me. I wish you guys the best of luck, you sound like a great group.

Stormtower

First Post
No problems, Shellfishguy.

Bump, we are still looking for a 5th player. Come experience 4E with our group -- 1 tactically minded Controller wanted, 3rd level, still working on Keep on the Shadowfell entering our 5th week of play.

Thanks.

themilkman

First Post
Hi there!

Hi! I read your intro and I am definitely interested. I'm a 25 year old gamer who lost my college group last year due to graduation/employment/babies/etc. If you are still looking, let me know. I would love to get back into a weekly game.

Cheers.

Remove ads